• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Mike Scioscia Manager Status Update Thread

tennischmp

I'm guessing he won't be "fired" but he will be systematically let go in the most respectful way possible. This will either be accomplished by "promoting" him to the FO or trading him.

I know some of us want to see "Mike Scioscia Fired. Cries after hearing the news." but I just don't see that happening. He's been with the organization far too long to just be "fired" like that. Also, his contract makes that kind of difficult.

The front office scenario seems far more likely than an outright firing. That way it can be announced as a promotion as a reward for all Scioscia has done for the organization, and they will at least get something back for the money still owed on his managerial contract.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I fail to see how any part of this clusterf##ck season is Scioscia's fault. Our GM put his identity and reputation on this team by gutting the pitching staff and replacing Hunter with Hamilton. 

Any part of it? Are you saying he deserves zero blame for this season?

He certainly doesn't deserve ALL the blame, or even most of it. But there is no way you can say he is blameless.

I fail to see how any part of this clusterf##ck season is Scioscia's fault. Our GM put his identity and reputation on this team by gutting the pitching staff and replacing Hunter with Hamilton. 

What are you smoking?

This weekend was a prime example of how listless and unready this team has been for most of the year. That is on the manager.

Just trade him to the Nats for whoever.

I've thought about ONLY keeping him IF Butcher is removed as pitching coach.

Now we find out in today's OC Register that Blanton says he figured out that the positioning of his shoulder seems to have been the issue, and he already sees a big difference.

Okay, 2 things, one yes we are talking about Blanton. But if indeed his finding is correct, where the ^%%}#< was Butcher all season on that?

Get Butcher OUT OF HERE!

Just trade him to the Nats for whoever.

I've thought about ONLY keeping him IF Butcher is removed as pitching coach.

Now we find out in today's OC Register that Blanton says he figured out that the positioning of his shoulder seems to have been the issue, and he already sees a big difference.

Okay, 2 things, one yes we are talking about Blanton. But if indeed his finding is correct, where the ^%%}#< was Butcher all season on that?

Get Butcher OUT OF HERE!

If you really believe that Blanton positioning hi shoulder differently will fix him then I have some swamp land to sell you.

If you really believe that Blanton positioning hi shoulder differently will fix him then I have some swamp land to sell you.

Well, I don't know that it will "fix" him considering how bad he was this year and the fact that pre-2013 Blanton didn't have much room to decline and still be worthwhile, and it's certainly up for debate if he has a place on the roster even if the shoulder re-positioning does help(especially since the Angels will have to make that decision without any real post-adjustment in-game testing), but I don't think it's crazy to think that a mechanical adjustment like that would make a difference for a pitcher.

Scioscia is a power-hungry micro manager.  I can't think of any worse punishment for the front office staff than to put Scioscia there. 

He could always just share an office with Reagins doing...whatever the hell Reagins does now.

(Seriously, I have no idea what he does these days. I can't recall hearing a single word about his role since he was fired)

Edited by jshep

Any part of it? Are you saying he deserves zero blame for this season?

He certainly doesn't deserve ALL the blame, or even most of it. But there is no way you can say he is blameless.

I guess I may be thinking too black/white. I think the roster moves were horrible and Scioscia should not be blamed for running out Jerry's kids. 

How about looking at the last 2 months rather than one series? 

Because this series...and the first four months of the season...make the last two months meaningless. April made the rest of the season meaningless. Just like it did in 2012. I'm looking at more than just this one series. I'm looking at how this team has been going thru the motions for a while now, and it seems like almost every April under Scioscia.

I want a manager who has the team ready to play from Day One, not from May One or June One or August One. Scioscia has not been that guy.

You can't win the pennant in April, but you can surely lose it. His teams have simply not been prepared to play the entire season. Sure, they look like it for stretches, but I don't want it for stretches, unless that stretch includes the vast majority of the season, at the very least.

There is a reason why managers don't stay in one location for as long as, say, 14 years.

Edited by Mark68