• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Mike Scioscia Manager Status Update Thread

tennischmp

You would think we would hear about this as soon as Mike gets back to Anaheim. If we don't hear anything in the next couple of days I think he's staying.

I disagree. If Arte doesn't just want to throw Mike's contract down the toilet he will try to trade him and could probably find a suitor. It wouldn't surprise me to see this linger on for a while if they are serious about a trade.

However if they are serious about just dumping him then yes you are correct.

I'm guessing he won't be "fired" but he will be systematically let go in the most respectful way possible. This will either be accomplished by "promoting" him to the FO or trading him.

I know some of us want to see "Mike Scioscia Fired. Cries after hearing the news." but I just don't see that happening. He's been with the organization far too long to just be "fired" like that. Also, his contract makes that kind of difficult.

I'm guessing he won't be "fired" but he will be systematically let go in the most respectful way possible. This will either be accomplished by "promoting" him to the FO or trading him.

I know some of us want to see "Mike Scioscia Fired. Cries after hearing the news." but I just don't see that happening. He's been with the organization far too long to just be "fired" like that. Also, his contract makes that kind of difficult.

Mike won't cry, he'll have the same damn look he's had on his face the last few years during every game.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130929&content_id=62135864&notebook_id=62135636&vkey=notebook_ana&c_id=ana

Mike Scioscia told reporters, including Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com, he has not been informed whether he will return as Angels manager. "I'm sure that at some point they're going to let us know," said Scioscia. "It's not an issue. It really isn't. It's going to be addressed at some point. I'm sure it's going to be addressed before February.

Lol

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130929&content_id=62135864&notebook_id=62135636&vkey=notebook_ana&c_id=ana

Mike Scioscia told reporters, including Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com, he has not been informed whether he will return as Angels manager. "I'm sure that at some point they're going to let us know," said Scioscia. "It's not an issue. It really isn't. It's going to be addressed at some point. I'm sure it's going to be addressed before February.

Lol

The fact they haven't already told him he's coming back is telling.  Seattle's GM and Manager knew their fate long before today. 

Edited by mp170.6