• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And Then There Were 10...

mulwin444

So, we are down to 10 games and, for the Angels to finish with a record above .500 for the first time since opening day, they need to have a robust 8-2 record (or 7-3 to finish exactly at .500).  Say what you want about the awfulness this season, for how far under they were at one point, .500 or above would be a tremedous accomplishment and end the season on a high note.

The last 10 games are broken down thusly:

3 against M's, 3 against A's, and 4 at TEX

I think the M's can be taken in a sweep and A's can be had 2-1 but the real challenge may come in TEX.  Unless there is dramatic slide, the A's are the AL West champs but TEX is and will be fighting for their playoff lives.  I can see 2-2 split there with the Angels ending exactly at 81-81.

What are your thoughts?  Where do you think they end up these next 10 games?

Sorry, I can't root for them to lose, no matter how "advantageous" the draft slot may be.  I've enjoyed the last few weeks of baseball watching Trout cement himself as the best player in baseball and securing a possible MVP.  I've enjoyed the last second rallies and hits with runners in scoring position.  I've enjoyed the solid starting pitching and clutch relief work. 

I've enjoyed watching Angels baseball again....that's why I am here,  Of course I want them to go to playoffs and win chapionships but only one team does that every year.  If they don't make it, I try not to brood over it more then the players who actually play the game themselves.  If they win, I get a nice emotional high but that's really it...no monetary value for that, just a quick desposit in the "Sweet, we won!" account and the life goes on. 

So, I am going to enjoy these last 10 games while I can and hope they do something special.  Otherwise, what's the point? 

What matters more than the next 10 is since losing the dead weight in the MOTO, with Trout hitting 3rd where he should have been all year and with some kids who want to play in the lineup, the Angels have played better. 500 ball (26-25) since the Albert Pujols departed, 12-6 in Sep.  Even Hamilton is looking better - against RHP.  Against LHP, he remains mostly an out walking to the plate.  The kids, Richards, Calhoun, Shuck, Conger, plus some pitching might nudge the Angels back into the hunt. 

I wouldn't be disappointed if Albert's feet put him on permanent DL. 

Yea, and knocking Texas out the WC would be sweet.

What matters more than the next 10 is since losing the dead weight in the MOTO, with Trout hitting 3rd where he should have been all year and with some kids who want to play in the lineup, the Angels have played better. 500 ball (26-25) since the Albert Pujols departed, 12-6 in Sep.  Even Hamilton is looking better - against RHP.  Against LHP, he remains mostly an out walking to the plate.  The kids, Richards, Calhoun, Shuck, Conger, plus some pitching might nudge the Angels back into the hunt. 

I wouldn't be disappointed if Albert's feet put him on permanent DL. 

Yea, and knocking Texas out the WC would be sweet.

You are kidding yourself if you think that Albert and Josh won't be in the MOTO for years to come. 

Why would you rather finish in last place? Is that a joke?

Missing the playoffs by a game or by 100 games doesn't really matter to me. Making the playoffs is fun, even if you lose in the first round or the wild card because hey you made the dance. This seasons been awful, playing great baseball for 1 month doesn't sound like a good season no matter how you spin it. Cool we get to .500 what does that actually do. Momentum doesn't carry over from year to year, there is going to be a whole new group of guys here next year. Whats awesome about finishing in 3rd place in the AL West?

If you're not in the playoffs - it's a race to the top of the draft board...

"if you aint first - you're last"... they don't give out participation ribbons....

While I've enjoyed the throwback and scrappy play of late (and likewise been more engaged than any point since the first 6 weeks of the season) - I find myself rooting for individual success, but want nothing that detracts from the highest possible draft position...

Missing the playoffs by a game or by 100 games doesn't really matter to me. Making the playoffs is fun, even if you lose in the first round or the wild card because hey you made the dance. This seasons been awful, playing great baseball for 1 month doesn't sound like a good season no matter how you spin it. Cool we get to .500 what does that actually do. Momentum doesn't carry over from year to year, there is going to be a whole new group of guys here next year. Whats awesome about finishing in 3rd place in the AL West?

That's fine for you, but I can't watch sports that way.  Especially in baseball only a few teams make the playoffs.  I am going to enjoy the sport and the game regardless.  I am going to especially enjoy it when they play well, regardless of where they are in the standings.  To me, wanting them to lose, or being pissed for half of the season really steals the joy of the game. 

I'm still failing to see how finishing in last is better than finishing 3rd. 

I agree that this season has been a failure but they're at least making it enjoyable this last month. The draft pick thing doesn't really matter to me so I, for one, am happy to see them showing signs of being a good team next year. 

That doesn't answer why you said you would rather finish in last place.