• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And Then There Were 10...

mulwin444

That's fine for you, but I can't watch sports that way. Especially in baseball only a few teams make the playoffs. I am going to enjoy the sport and the game regardless. I am going to especially enjoy it when they play well, regardless of where they are in the standings. To me, wanting them to lose, or being pissed for half of the season really steals the joy of the game.

This is pretty much how I feel. I can't imagine being pissed off all the time watching what is suppose to be my favorite hobby.

So, we are down to 10 games and, for the Angels to finish with a record above .500 for the first time since opening day, they need to have a robust 8-2 record (or 7-3 to finish exactly at .500).  Say what you want about the awfulness this season, for how far under they were at one point, .500 or above would be a tremedous accomplishment and end the season on a high note.

The last 10 games are broken down thusly:

3 against M's, 3 against A's, and 4 at TEX

I think the M's can be taken in a sweep and A's can be had 2-1 but the real challenge may come in TEX.  Unless there is dramatic slide, the A's are the AL West champs but TEX is and will be fighting for their playoff lives.  I can see 2-2 split there with the Angels ending exactly at 81-81.

What are your thoughts?  Where do you think they end up these next 10 games?

Tough order, but hopeful!

If you're not in the playoffs - it's a race to the top of the draft board...

"if you aint first - you're last"... they don't give out participation ribbons....

While I've enjoyed the throwback and scrappy play of late (and likewise been more engaged than any point since the first 6 weeks of the season) - I find myself rooting for individual success, but want nothing that detracts from the highest possible draft position...

I know this is hard for people to understand that the difference between being 500 and under 500 is the difference of being a loser and not a loser.   You see, under 500 is a losing record.  Those who focus on only making the playoffs or only on winning world series will be forever disappointed in sports.  You see in sports there are winners, there are losers, and there are champions.  I rather be a winner than a loser, and not being a champion doesn't mean your a loser.

The Dodgers just won the NL West Division Championship and we are supposed to be happy about .500 Laughable!

No one is asking you to be happy...please, feel free to be miserable.  I'm going to enjoy the last 10 games of the baseball season.  I'm assuming you'll be wandering the streets talking to yourself, lashing out at unsuspecting pedestrians and screaming "SCIOSCIA!" before collapsing in a pile on the lawn.. 

This thread had nothing to do with the Dodgers but, you know, whatever...

I know this is hard for people to understand that the difference between being 500 and under 500 is the difference of being a loser and not a loser.   You see, under 500 is a losing record.  Those who focus on only making the playoffs or only on winning world series will be forever disappointed in sports.  You see in sports there are winners, there are losers, and there are champions.  I rather be a winner than a loser, and not being a champion doesn't mean your a loser.

There is no difference between a 80-82 record and a 82-80 record if both of those teams miss the playoffs.

There is no difference between a 80-82 record and a 82-80 record if both of those teams miss the playoffs.

Agree, the .500 thing is not that big of a deal.  Certainly doesn't make the season a success.  It's just better to have a winning season than a losing season.

At this point I don't care what our record is at the end.  I just want us to play spoiler, especially for Texas.  As somebody else said, knocking them out of the playoffs on the last day, on their field, would be nice.  It wouldn't make up for the rest of the season but it'd be fun. 

Obviously 82-80 but it's not as big of a deal as he makes it out to be. The season isn't anymore successful if they go 82-80 as opposed to 80-82 if they fail to make the playoffs.

I think over a long 162 game season, seeing your team win more games than they lose is definitely an accomplishment. I get what you are saying and I empathize with that line of thinking, but having a winning record is always better than having a losing one. I just don't see how that can ever not be the truth.

I don't think anyone on here considers finishing 82-80 as a "success" in the overall scheme of things, but I think it can be considered a success when you consider how bad they played for the majority of the season. Plus, it's all we have at this point. They aren't making the playoffs, and I think most of us accepted that a while ago. Now we just have to enjoy the games on an individual basis and hope that a positive can come of this dreadful season (finishing at .500 or better).

I think over a long 162 game season, seeing your team win more games than they lose is definitely an accomplishment. I get what you are saying and I empathize with that line of thinking, but having a winning record is always better than having a losing one. I just don't see how that can ever not be the truth.

I don't think anyone on here considers finishing 82-80 as a "success" in the overall scheme of things, but I think it can be considered a success when you consider how bad they played for the majority of the season. Plus, it's all we have at this point. They aren't making the playoffs, and I think most of us accepted that a while ago. Now we just have to enjoy the games on an individual basis and hope that a positive can come of this dreadful season (finishing at .500 or better).

This is a great post. I really get tired of the negative people on here telling us how shitty this season is, when we have all been here all year long paying attention.