• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And Then There Were 10...

mulwin444

I think over a long 162 game season, seeing your team win more games than they lose is definitely an accomplishment. I get what you are saying and I empathize with that line of thinking, but having a winning record is always better than having a losing one. I just don't see how that can ever not be the truth.

I don't think anyone on here considers finishing 82-80 as a "success" in the overall scheme of things, but I think it can be considered a success when you consider how bad they played for the majority of the season. Plus, it's all we have at this point. They aren't making the playoffs, and I think most of us accepted that a while ago. Now we just have to enjoy the games on an individual basis and hope that a positive can come of this dreadful season (finishing at .500 or better).

I was just responding to that one post in which he said that there were 3 groups the winners, the losers and the champions. I disagree with that and gave an example of why it's not so black and white. Going on that point, I would not consider the Angels winners if they do end the season with an 82-80 season nor would I consider them losers if they finished at 80-82. That's just me.

K so I'll send some responses or in this little paragraph or so. Forgive my spelling or not making sense I am on my iPad typing and I'm beat and who knows what auto correct thing will happen. First I love the Angels and want them to win over everything else. But like I previously said a couple months back I gave up on the season. I don't know why on this site you either have to want them to win and finish third or you are rooting for them to lose or that you are miserable. I'm not angry at this season theAngels don't affect my mood unless I'm at the game and even then it affects me until I walk through the gate.

Second I'd rather them finish last than 3rd because well then there might be change. Like I said in another post somewhere I'm a life long Bills fan as well. I don't know how it happened but I am have been since I was 8. Probably had to do with madden and them having a decent team then. But I digress. The last 14 years of them missing the playoffs have been awful. But around the halfway mark whenwe are usually 3 and 8 or I start getting excited to see what changes will be made, who will be the next coach, looking at the nfl draft boards it's entertaining. When the season happens to fall at 8-8 the few times nothing changes. This team needs a change in how it's run and the worse we end up I feel we will get those changes. But no I'm not rooting for them to lose I am honestly rooting for wins but I would like to see changes and I don't feel they will happen at .500.

Sorry for rant and probably a lot of run on sentences. That's just my feelings. You don't have to agree just my view point.

The team WILL have changes after finishing .500. Arte didn't spend all this money to miss the playoffs again. So I repeat, there WILL be changes regardless if the team finishes .300 or .500.

Maybe. No real changes happened the last 3 years. Each year they thought they were one piece away from being champions ie Pujols Hamilton.