• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So....Jeff Mathis...

but, but why  is it Mathis catching them.  Why not the so called better catcher?  

When he was with us, Weaver made it clear he preferred Mathis.  Everyone mocked that.  Maybe on the other staffs as well the better pitchers "want" Mathis.

BTW I do not find it a coincidence that the best pitching staff turned to shit when he was traded!

Because he is the best defensive catcher they have but he is so horrible offensively that he only plays 1/3 of the games. That's how he should have been used here.

Jeff Mathis was, and still is a horrible major league baseball player.  Please stop pretending he was, or is anything other than that.

If your statement was so then?

Why is he still in the majors?  Despite not playing for Scioscia for the last two years.

Why does it seem that he catches for the teams best pitcher?

Please give me logic instead of ramble attacks.  

Why is he still in the majors?  Despite not playing for Scioscia for the last two years.

Of course it was.  He is horrible.  He can't hit at all.  He can't throw runners out much better than Ianetta.  

I'll leave the "ramble attacks" alone and let the irony speak for itself.

but, but why  is it Mathis catching them.  Why not the so called better catcher?  

When he was with us, Weaver made it clear he preferred Mathis.  Everyone mocked that.  Maybe on the other staffs as well the better pitchers "want" Mathis.

BTW I do not find it a coincidence that the best pitching staff turned to shit when he was traded!

When did Weaver ever say he preferred Mathis? Link please.

I have been watching the Dodgers Marlins games and Steve Lyons has commented that Mathis cannot hit, but he is an excellent catcher and the pitchers like him.

Lyons went so far to say, "It doesn't matter what  his hitting stats are."

Apparently, Lyons doesn't pay attention to the experts here. 

Why is he still in the majors? Despite not playing for Scioscia for the last two years.

I told you why. He's a good defensive catcher and good game caller. He's good for 1/3 of the team starts.

He's also hitting .192/.272/.297, which is just godawful.

You're right but in reality it's only one less hit every ten AB's. He does only have 32 hits but w/22 RBI's ... nice production and a lot of those hits were key in winning the game.

He will never be a good hitter but like LaRussa and Scioscia have stated that hitting takes a back seat to catching.

Apparently mathis uses his god-like powers to make pitchers magically become better and inspire the rest of his team to become better ball players.

MAthis' abilities are so advanced and mystical that they can't be measured by stats or scouts, only scioscia.

Finally! Someone gets it!

Shut down the thread boys, let's go home.

Apparently mathis uses his god-like powers to make pitchers magically become better and inspire the rest of his team to become better ball players.

MAthis' abilities are so advanced and mystical that they can't be measured by stats or scouts, only scioscia.

You forgot he made Butcher look like he was doing a good job also.

Mathis has been gone for two years and fans here still can't get over him. Say what you want about him but he'll have a long career at the major league level is no longer the angels problem and it's time to stop wasting our energy on him.

couldn't have said it better myself.