• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Oscar Thread

gotbeer

• 11 months later...

Thought I would revive this from last year, if anybody is interested in posting their predictions/thoughts. My Best Picture vote goes to After Earth.

^ The Will Smith movie? Never seen it, but I heard good things.

"The Host" takes my vote.

I saw fewer movies last year than in any year previous. I didn't see anything that was nominated. So I hope Mcconohay wins everything

He was awesome in Wolf.

All right, pump those numbers up, those are rookie numbers in this racket. I myself, I jerk off at least... twice a day.

i think i've only seen american hustle and gravity, and i liked both of them very much.

of those two, i hope american hustle wins. it was a fascinating movie and i liked it very much. gravity reminds me a lot of titanic (i liked both of them) and i'm afraid voters might vote for it based on how huge the scenary was plus the special effects, and not so much on the content of the movie.

i think i've only seen american hustle and gravity, and i liked both of them very much.

of those two, i hope american hustle wins. it was a fascinating movie and i liked it very much. gravity reminds me a lot of titanic (i liked both of them) and i'm afraid voters might vote for it based on how huge the scenary was plus the special effects, and not so much on the content of the movie.

I agree about Gravity. I watched it on my PC and, without the theater screen, it was just a so-so movie. Story wasn't that great. Best parts were with Clooney. It deserves some technical awards for sure, but no way should it win Best Picture.

Edited by Ray McKigney

This is one of the few times I had seen all the best picture nominees prior to the announcement of them. All are at least enjoyable movies though I'd say Dallas Buyers Club and American Hustle are my least favorite of the 9 that are nominated.

My prediction is that either 12 Years a Slave, Gravity or American Hustle will take it, I'm hoping it's not American Hustle. It's a solid movie but critics are giving far too much praise to what is essentially just a fun, silly con movie.

From the 9 that are nominated, I'd say my personal favorite is Her, but I don't expect that to have a chance. My overall favorite movie of the year was Inside Llewyn Davis which was completely snubbed almost entirely this year which was kind of shock to me. Even True Grit was nominated for the Coens a couple years back, which while I enjoyed the movie, I feel falls in the bottom half of their filmography.