• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Oscar Thread

gotbeer

I thought McFarlane was great actually. The only real negative I could say that sometimes some little comments he added after his jokes took a little away from some of the jokes or just added nothing. Other than that, he's probably the best host I've seen since Jon Stewart a few years back.

I also didn't know he could sing.  His singing numbers were surprisingly good.  Although I thought they could have done away with James T Kirk at the beginning.  

I'm glad Argo won best picture. It was outstanding.

I had small hopes of enjoying mcfarlane, but I'll tell you I thought he was excellent. I enjoyed his jokes far, far more than I thought possible.

The "we saw your boobs" song was a riot.

I'm glad Argo won best picture. It was outstanding.

I had small hopes of enjoying mcfarlane, but I'll tell you I thought he was excellent. I enjoyed his jokes far, far more than I thought possible.

The "we saw your boobs" song was a riot.

I'm not a big McFarlane fan but I enjoyed that.  For obvious reasons: boobs.  

Glad QT won for original screenplay.

Although Argo was really good; Django, Life of Pi, Silver Linings Playbook and Zero Dark Thirty were all better.

Kristen Stewart was a mess. She's nearing rehab status.

Seth McFarlane was great. He obviously used all of his Family Guy writers. All of his jokes and songs could have been in an episode of that show.

I'm also really glad Ang Lee won. Of the directors nominated, I think he deserved it the most.

Of the Best Directors nominees, I would agree Ang Lee deserved it. I think only two of the actually nominees had stand out direction in their films (Ang Lee and Ben Zeitlin), the others while good movies, didn't really stand out much in point of direction, and I love Michael Haneke, but Amour, while a good movie, was kind of shock to see him nominated in the first place.

Another thing. A tie? When is the last time that happened?

67th Academy Awards (for 1994 movies). Best Live Action Short - Franz Kafka's It's a Wonderful Life and Trevor.

It's happened 5 times before tonight. 3 times were minor awards (above mentioned best live action short and twice -1949 and 1986 - for best documentary). In 1932, the Best Actor Award was separated by only one vote which was considered a tie by the Academy at the time. In 1969 Barbara Streisand and Katharine Hepburn both received the same number of votes for Best Actress.

67th Academy Awards (for 1994 movies). Best Live Action Short - Franz Kafka's It's a Wonderful Life and Trevor.

It's happened 5 times before tonight. 3 times were minor awards (above mentioned best live action short and twice -1949 and 1986 - for best documentary). In 1932, the Best Actor Award was separated by only one vote which was considered a tie by the Academy at the time. In 1969 Barbara Streisand and Katharine Hepburn both received the same number of votes for Best Actress.

I don't think it will ever happen again in a major category again. Too much $$$ involved nowadays.