• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angel players and PED

the drop off in performance from some of these guys from thier career norms could indicate a hx of roids

Hard to imagine Hamilton was ever involved in anything illegal that made him feel good (cough cough)

But I am beginning to feel certain that Pujols stopped doing something when he came here. No other explanation   for the collapse we are witnessing. From healthy stud to staggering shlub almost overnight?

I think that many of the prior users were scared straight by the league. Albert got his huge guaranteed contract and no longer needs to hit .325/40/125 to get paid. He just wants to stay clean at this point and pad his stats.

Yea, how was he going to survive on the first $100 million.

Albert's decline could just be age related. OPS+ by age:

29: 189

30: 173

31: 148

32: 138

33: 111

Yes, that trajectory is real and quite disturbing. Even if Albert gets hot he's no equaling last year so we'll have a 4th year in a row of decline. Ouch.

I think the concern is how steep the decline was. Dipoto and Moreno likely though 2011 (age 31) was a dip and that he'd be back in the 160+ range for a few years. But he just kept falling.

I don't believe Eckstein and Erstad were juicers. AK, maybe. Glaus, yes. Salmon and GA, no. Molina's, no. Troy and Frankie, no.

The only guy that I really 100% believe was entirely clean was salmon, his numbers stayed fairly constant his entire career and when a lot of guys his age suddenly started to crank out 40 bomb season, salmon started to decrease. I would probably throw Percy in their too in that as his fastball lost some edge over time, he developed off speed pitches instead of some new grip that magically put 5 mph back on his fastball.

Erstad's 2000 season has to be highly suspicious. GA had some weird back problems, AK and eck were hammy guys. I am not saying those guys are guilty but there is a chance...... You can't say no or yes.

Glaus and donkey are obvious.

Of the who cares because they were not life long angels group from that team, Appier and sele were most likely clean.

Yea, how was he going to survive on the first $100 million.

That's where greed separates itself from being reasonable. This guy should still be wearing a Cardinals jersey if it wasn't about the money. He's been a huge disappointment to all of our fanbase and he will continue to be as the YEARS pass by.