• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte reveals he is not planning to sell, budget will be lowered, and no update on stadium talks with Anaheim in interview

mmc

• mmc changed the title to Arte reveals he is not planning to sell, budget will be lowered, and no update on stadium talks with Anaheim in interview

Would be interesting to see how many people ended up signing if someone started an "Arte sell the team" petition. Not that it would change Arte's mind even if the number was super high, but I'd be curious. The Athletic had I think around 2,000 responses on their poll and they reported about 90% of that wanted him to sell, but I suspect a lot more want him to and didn't vote on the poll (like me). 

This is like being in a nightmare where you scream for help, but no sound comes out. Throw punches, but no impact. Run, but go nowhere.

I am blown away that a beautiful baseball organization with so much potential over the past 2-3 decades has become such an absolute travesty.

Trout you are my man, but get out of here as soon as you can, and go win some rings. You deserve so much better.

18 hours ago, Chuck said:

100%

To be clear, I don't care that Blum is critical or has a "negative" view of the team, I think most everyone is down on them to some extent. But he seems to have an axe to grind at times and it's been most evident during the Rendon "injury-gate" issue and when Arte didn't meet with reporters a few years ago.

I mean, drag them all you want, but the constant repetitive whining about how someone speaks or doesn't speak to you is just lame.

14 hours ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Arte continues to gain strength as the spite courses through his veins, bringing him ever closer to eternal life. The thought of owning the Angels for another 10,000 years while never making the playoffs ever again brings him great joy, and he lets out a loud cackle in his subterranean lair. 

Meanwhile, Perry signed another cheap reliever that no one has ever heard of. 

With every negative comment from a fan, he only grows stronger.

14 hours ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Arte continues to gain strength as the spite courses through his veins, bringing him ever closer to eternal life. The thought of owning the Angels for another 10,000 years while never making the playoffs ever again brings him great joy, and he lets out a loud cackle in his subterranean lair. 

Meanwhile, Perry signed another cheap reliever that no one has ever heard of. 

This is a better super-villain origin story than anything Marvel has put on in recent years.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

To be clear, I don't care that Blum is critical or has a "negative" view of the team, I think most everyone is down on them to some extent. But he seems to have an axe to grind at times and it's been most evident during the Rendon "injury-gate" issue and when Arte didn't meet with reporters a few years ago.

I mean, drag them all you want, but the constant repetitive whining about how someone speaks or doesn't speak to you is just lame.

I love how he projects what a good owner should do, but totally fails to see that someone good at his job would get the interview, or at the very least wouldn’t be deliberately avoided.

I think Blum is actually a pretty good reporter, and I appreciate how critical he's been in Arte and the org overall. He has dogged them on things that they deservedly need to answer to. He has a good pulse on the fans, both casual and diehard, and he's written some great pieces on players and experiences that usually fall by the wayside.

But I also think there's a little Icarus flying too close to the sun aspect here. He's become a little too focused in trying to land some interview to ask the tough questions that I feel it's blinding him a little bit more than he realizes. It's turning into a perpetuating cycle, especially with Rendon and Arte. 

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

I think Blum is actually a pretty good reporter, and I appreciate how critical he's been in Arte and the org overall. He has dogged them on things that they deservedly need to answer to. He has a good pulse on the fans, both casual and diehard, and he's written some great pieces on players and experiences that usually fall by the wayside.

But I also think there's a little Icarus flying too close to the sun aspect here. He's become a little too focused in trying to land some interview to ask the tough questions that I feel it's blinding him a little bit more than he realizes. It's turning into a perpetuating cycle, especially with Rendon and Arte. 

Spot on

18 hours ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Arte Palpatine

How Is Palpatine Still Alive in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker?