• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte reveals he is not planning to sell, budget will be lowered, and no update on stadium talks with Anaheim in interview

mmc

35 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

"He declined to speak to @TheAthletic for unknown reasons." -- Sam Blum

Looking forward to Sam Blum's book, "Self Awareness and the Workplace",  hopefully he sends Arte a signed copy.

More importantly..  told you boys... give up the dream, he isn't going anywhere.

100%

5 minutes ago, Chuck said:

I'd love to hear more on if he's willing to spend on any of the remaining FA's and how the entire thought process of not trading Ohtani thinking they could sign him in the offseason. 

I would like to know what is going to be done differently considering that what they've been doing for the last decade hasn't worked while having two generational players on the team

27 minutes ago, Chuck said:

I'd love to hear more on if he's willing to spend on any of the remaining FA's and how the entire thought process of not trading Ohtani thinking they could sign him in the offseason. 

"Moreno said the plan was to “set the budget lower. … I’m not going to spend money just to show that we’re going to spend money unless it’s going to substantially change the team.”

9 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

"Moreno said the plan was to “set the budget lower. … I’m not going to spend money just to show that we’re going to spend money unless it’s going to substantially change the team.”

The alarming part is I don’t trust him to know what would and what would not “substantially change the team.”

So if he is going to now be more of a miser, it seems like we should just expect to be terrible, but at a lower budget.  I am jacked to buy some tickets now!

17 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

/Slow clap.

Ole Arte found a new way to say "we don't have a problem spending money if it's the right guy", if only it wasn't Arte who gets to pick who "the right guy" is.

And people say you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Just how much lower is the budget, going forward?.

Currently $49 million under the AAV tax threshold

I get not spending wild on the Boras clients this off-season, since all but Martinez have not been consistent enough since 2020.

What about someone like Burnes a year from now?   He’s been very consistent, and really good.   He’s basically the year from now version of Cole when he was a FA.

Edited by Angel Oracle

21 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

/Slow clap.

Ole Arte found a new way to say "we don't have a problem spending money if it's the right guy", if only it wasn't Arte who gets to pick who "the right guy" is.

And people say you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

And if Ohtani wasn't the right guy, I can't imagine Snell, Bellinger, etc. are.

55 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I am fine with this approach, I only wish he had increased the budget when the team actually looked to be competitive.

Before anybody points out last year, that was one season in 20 years and he had a high priced player who was basically paying for himself.

I'll support the team in watching a lot of games (friend lets me use his mlb.tv account) and will always be a fan but I dunno if I can justify traveling to watch them in person for the upcoming season. Won't be buying any merchandise either. That'll show him...absolutely nothing as he will still turn a profit and continue to make terrible decisions annually. This franchise is a shit show.