• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte reveals he is not planning to sell, budget will be lowered, and no update on stadium talks with Anaheim in interview

mmc

20 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

And if Ohtani wasn't the right guy, I can't imagine Snell, Bellinger, etc. are.

Fair to say the Angels could sign both and they’d basically just be back to where they started when they had Ohtani, except both of those guys seem at least as risky if not more so. And that’s I think part of Arte/Perry’s hesitation. They could sign both those guys but would it really make them that much better? They have too many other things need fixing and now at least are afforded the luxury to operate with lowered expectations to maybe try and fix some of those systemic issues internally.

6 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

I'll support the team in watching a lot of games (friend lets me use his mlb.tv account) and will always be a fan but I dunno if I can justify traveling to watch them in person for the upcoming season. Won't be buying any merchandise either. That'll show him...absolutely nothing as he will still turn a profit and continue to make terrible decisions annually. This franchise is a shit show.

I'll still watch most games if I'm free, but won't be going to any games in-person. Haven't been in...5 years, I think? I used to go to every Sunday home game, plus 10 or so other ones scattered throughout the season. Zero desire to do that these days. 

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

Fair to say the Angels could sign both and they’d basically just be back to where they started when they had Ohtani, except both of those guys seem at least as risky if not more so. And that’s I think part of Arte/Perry’s hesitation. They could sign both those guys but would it really make them that much better? They have too many other things need fixing and now at least are afforded the luxury to operate with lowered expectations to maybe try and fix some of those systemic issues internally.

Yeah, don't get me wrong: I'm not advocating for signing either of them. I've been very vocal about that all along.  I'm just saying that for folks who are still holding out hope that there's going to be a "big splash," it might be time to give up that hope. 

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yeah, don't get me wrong: I'm not advocating for signing either of them. I've been very vocal about that all along.  I'm just saying that for folks who are still holding out hope that there's going to be a "big splash," it might be time to give up that hope. 

Totally in agreement with that.

54 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

The alarming part is I don’t trust him to know what would and what would not “substantially change the team.”

So if he is going to now be more of a miser, it seems like we should just expect to be terrible, but at a lower budget.  I am jacked to buy some tickets now!

Same. And I’m super excited to go out and buy more Angels gear now….

24 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'll still watch most games if I'm free, but won't be going to any games in-person. Haven't been in...5 years, I think? I used to go to every Sunday home game, plus 10 or so other ones scattered throughout the season. Zero desire to do that these days. 

I pretty much only go now when we just want to have something to do together as a family.  Gone are the days when I would go to the game because I specifically want to see the Angels play in person.

Ohtani was an energizing factor though, as my kids would be more interested in going if Ohtani was pitching. . .

I doubt I am my going to increase my kids interest in going to the game by telling them that Tyler Anderson is pitching tonight.  Maybe I should try, “Hey you guys wanna go see the team that Moreno is saving an additional $40m in payroll on this year?”

That will probably fire them up.

Edited by Dtwncbad

I have very often defended Moreno against lots of knee-jerk criticisms.  I don’t think he has been a terrible owner forever.  To me, he was doing fine for some time historically.

But his time has passed and he is no longer somebody I want to continue owning the team.  I am very disappointed that he is now saying he is here for the foreseeable future.

I am most puzzled by his current inability to craft and deliver a message/vision for the team that fans paying attention can digest and accept.

If he must stay as owner, I would at least hope he would be self-aware enough to know that he needs to display something to be significantly different going forward.

Instead we basically get “I’m still here and not going anywhere for more of the same.”

Fuck.

39 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

I don't have a problem with a smaller budget, if that savings is put back into scouting & development. I would like to  see us getting players on the upside of their career, rather than the downside of their career.

99% certain that the savings will go into Arte's pocket.

Arte basicaly said MY TEAM MY MONEY I CAN AND WILL DO AS I WISH. Fans will be fans of the team and will support the team. Sure Ohtani fans will follow him to the dogs but true red Angels fans will support no matter what. We will bitch moan gron and cry about it sucking but in the end we will watch on tv, in person, or the highlights to see what our team is doing. Arte knows this is how it will be wether he spends 140 million on payroll or 210 million if they win people will come if they dont well they wont no matter the payroll size.

15 minutes ago, Chitown27Fan said:

Arte basicaly said MY TEAM MY MONEY I CAN AND WILL DO AS I WISH. Fans will be fans of the team and will support the team. Sure Ohtani fans will follow him to the dogs but true red Angels fans will support no matter what. We will bitch moan gron and cry about it sucking but in the end we will watch on tv, in person, or the highlights to see what our team is doing. Arte knows this is how it will be wether he spends 140 million on payroll or 210 million if they win people will come if they dont well they wont no matter the payroll size.

I would imagine attendance will be lower this season than it has been for quite some time. It had already been trending down: ~31,500 announced/game the previous two seasons (5th and 6th in AL), compared to 37,000-42,000 per game annually from 2003-2019 (2nd in the AL 11 times, 3rd 5 times, and 4th once). I excluded the covid season and the year after with required empty seats between groups. My guess is that it will dip below 30,000/game unless the team surprises me and is actually in the playoff hunt in August/September. 

1 minute ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

I would imagine attendance will be lower this season than it has been for quite some time. It had already been trending down: ~31,500 announced/game the previous two seasons (5th and 6th in AL), compared to 37,000-42,000 per game annually from 2003-2019 (2nd in the AL 11 times, 3rd 5 times, and 4th once). I excluded the covid season and the year after with required empty seats between groups. My guess is that it will dip below 30,000/game unless the team surprises me an is actually in the playoff hunt into August/September. 

I agree because they were not winning so people dont come look at the the Patriots in football back before Tom Brady very very few people were Patriot fans out side of their area when they started winning all the sudden everyone was a Patriot fan and of course claimed to have been for years lol people follow winners 

2 hours ago, Lazorko Saves said:

Kate Beckinsale is not returning my phone calls for "unknown reasons".

not true. 

she told me over lunch yesterday that she doesn't like your avatar. Lazorko was really close to her, and it pain her every time she sees his kick save picture. With every post you make, it brings back the pain of losing him. She wants nothing to do with you under these circumstances. 

So much gloom and doom about this team. For me it's going to be fun watching these young players develop. Angels will be big surprise this year and a fun team to watch. Take your kids out to watch Angel baseball not just one or two players. Do not buy player jerseys but an Angel jersey. Let's get behind this team and help them WIN. Opening night I hope halos have a sellout ground and when players take the field fans give them a standing ovation. If your an Angel fan stand up and cheer for your team.

Arte continues to gain strength as the spite courses through his veins, bringing him ever closer to eternal life. The thought of owning the Angels for another 10,000 years while never making the playoffs ever again brings him great joy, and he lets out a loud cackle in his subterranean lair. 

Meanwhile, Perry signed another cheap reliever that no one has ever heard of.