• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It’s time we consider signing Trevor Bauer

Hufflepuff

Should the Angels sign Trevor Bauer?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Sign Trevor Bauer? Yes or no

• Yes
    • No

【2024 season player contracts】
Yokohama DeNA BayStars announced that they will designate Trevor Bauer and Neftalí Soto as free agents for the 2024 season.

It takes just over 30 minutes by car from my home to Yokohama Stadium if there is no traffic, but I'm not a BayStars fan.

Bauer's chances of returning to MLB are not very high at this point. If Bauer were to re-sign with the BayStars, he would be forced to make significant compromises on the amount of his contract. Since his future is unknown, it is likely that the BayStars will be without two starting pitchers, Imanaga and Bauer, next season.  The following article was published regarding the BayStars' pitching staff reinforcements.

------

On December 16, 2023, the Yokohama DeNA BayStars acquired Rowan Wick (Age 31, the AAA Buffalo Bisons) as a reliever. They are also conducting an investigation into acquiring RHP Andre Jackson (27, Pirates DFA).

(Reference in Japanese) Sponichi Annex on December 23, 2023

3 minutes ago, FromJapan said:

【2024 season player contracts】
Yokohama DeNA BayStars announced that they will designate Trevor Bauer and Neftalí Soto as free agents for the 2024 season.

It takes just over 30 minutes by car from my home to Yokohama Stadium if there is no traffic, but I'm not a BayStars fan.

Bauer's chances of returning to MLB are not very high at this point. If Bauer were to re-sign with the BayStars, he would be forced to make significant compromises on the amount of his contract. Since his future is unknown, it is likely that the BayStars will be without two starting pitchers, Imanaga and Bauer, next season.  The following article was published regarding the BayStars' pitching staff reinforcements.

------

On December 16, 2023, the Yokohama DeNA BayStars acquired Rowan Wick (Age 31, the AAA Buffalo Bisons) as a reliever. They are also conducting an investigation into acquiring RHP Andre Jackson (27, Pirates DFA).

(Reference in Japanese) Sponichi Annex on December 23, 2023

What NPB team do you cheer for?

2 hours ago, mmc said:

What NPB team do you cheer for?

When I was a child, I was a fan of the Osaka-based Nankai Hawks (Pacific league, NPB). The team's owner passed away in 1988, so the team was sold and moved to Fukuoka City. The team I was a fan of was gone.  My daughter has been a fan of Ohtani since he was in high school, so after he joined the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters, I occasionally watched Fighters' games on TV.

By the way, the following is a post related to Angels, but its authenticity is unknown.

On 12/21/2023 at 3:38 PM, Hufflepuff said:

Bring Shota, his teammate on the Baystars, and Bauer to Anaheim. They get along well, and would be our two best pitchers. 

Imanaga has already started cooking for himself and learning how to listen to English. He has been nicknamed "The Throwing Philosopher" due to the expressiveness of his statements.

Bauer was given the contrasting nickname "The Throwing Scientist" by some BayStars fans because he answered his teammates' questions from an engineering perspective.

14 minutes ago, FromJapan said:

Imanaga has already started cooking for himself and learning how to listen to English. He has been nicknamed "The Throwing Philosopher" due to the expressiveness of his statements.

Bauer was given the contrasting nickname "The Throwing Scientist" by some BayStars fans because he answered his teammates' questions from an engineering perspective.

That is actually really interesting insight.  I love stuff like this.  TY for sharing

21 hours ago, FromJapan said:

When I was a child, I was a fan of the Osaka-based Nankai Hawks (Pacific league, NPB). The team's owner passed away in 1988, so the team was sold and moved to Fukuoka City. The team I was a fan of was gone.  My daughter has been a fan of Ohtani since he was in high school, so after he joined the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters, I occasionally watched Fighters' games on TV.

By the way, the following is a post related to Angels, but its authenticity is unknown.

Thank you for this update. Fujinami has a very impressive arm. He would certainly be an asset if he heads here!

We will miss Ohtani, but the true Angel fans appreciate his time here and wish him the best.

I am curious, though, has Ohtani's time with the Angels made the Angels a more popular team in Japan? Obviously, losing Shohei is not fun for us Angel fans but if Ohtani has at least somewhat raised the profile of the Angels to the talent-rich future of Japan, there is certainly some silver lining there. 

12 hours ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Thank you for this update. Fujinami has a very impressive arm. He would certainly be an asset if he heads here!

We will miss Ohtani, but the true Angel fans appreciate his time here and wish him the best.

I am curious, though, has Ohtani's time with the Angels made the Angels a more popular team in Japan? Obviously, losing Shohei is not fun for us Angel fans but if Ohtani has at least somewhat raised the profile of the Angels to the talent-rich future of Japan, there is certainly some silver lining there. 

I wonder what Ohtani says about Angels in private conversations. 

8 hours ago, AngelFanInTheATL said:

The Gole guy who is commenting on this reel seems like a lot of posters here. Wants Bauer signed as some sort of crusade against cancel culture and the vaccine. Baseball has nothing to do with it.

It's not about the convo dude... 

Watch the video. Watch the repeated mechanics. Watch the snap of the slider, curve, watch the 4 seamer there is plenty of life left in the arm.

19 hours ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Since Ohtani joined the Angels, NHK (a Japanese public broadcaster) had broadcast almost every Angels game on its satellite channel throughout the season. Additionally, many games were broadcast live for free on a Japanese internet streaming service. Games involving other Japanese players were not broadcast on a regular basis, and games between teams without Japanese players were rarely broadcast, except in the postseason. For this reason, over the past few years, in Japan, the Angels have become the most watched MLB team. Many travel agencies in Japan have offered plans that combine watching an Angels game with sightseeing in Anaheim and/or Los Angeles.

The following are an English translation of the titles of recent Angels-related topics as of December 25th that are posted on a fan site for the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters, which Ohtani belonged to during his NPB days. Since this is a fan-based site, some titles are ironic.

• Angels: "We lost Ohtani, but we gained more Japanese fans, so it's okay."
  • New Angels manager Washington travels to Philadelphia to meet Trout.
  • Rendon (29) .319 AVG, 545 AB, 174 H, 34 HR, 126 RBI, 1.010 OPS ---- Angels: “Yeah, we got him!”
  • Will you still support the Angels even if Ohtani is gone?
  • Trout maintains no comment on Shohei Ohtani's transfer.
  • Without Ohtani, the Angels will be able to use the DH and starting pitcher rotation more flexibly, making a comeback.

5 hours ago, AngelFanInTheATL said:

The Gole guy who is commenting on this reel seems like a lot of posters here. Wants Bauer signed as some sort of crusade against cancel culture and the vaccine. Baseball has nothing to do with it.

Which you only have a problem with because you don’t agree with it.  If you did agree, you’d be all for it.  You never seem to comment much unless there’s a political angle you can put in it.  

On 12/21/2023 at 1:02 PM, Jay said:

Nobody has signed Bauer yet?

On December 24th (JST), Takaaki Ishibashi, who played the role of "Isuro 'Kamikaze' Tanaka" on Major League II, asked Yokohama DeNA BayStars infielder Shugo Maki about Bauer's future on his own radio program.

Ishibashi asked, "Will Bauer not be pitching at DeNA next year?"
Maki was at a loss for an answer, saying, ”We're not getting any information either.”

(Reference in Japanese) Sponichi Annex on December 24, 2023