• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It’s time we consider signing Trevor Bauer

Hufflepuff

Should the Angels sign Trevor Bauer?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Sign Trevor Bauer? Yes or no

• Yes
    • No

On 12/24/2023 at 2:53 AM, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Filthy movement on his stuff. 

Everybody hates on the Angels already, so it's stupid they wouldn't be willing to sign the guy. The entire Bauer situation is just absurd. 

Maybe 2 years, $40 Million? See how it goes, then keep him for longer based on our good will of being the only team who was willing to bring him back. 

He works his ass off and would give us a little of that fire under the ass that this team needs. 

3 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Filthy movement on his stuff. 

Everybody hates on the Angels already, so it's stupid they wouldn't be willing to sign the guy. The entire Bauer situation is just absurd. 

Maybe 2 years, $40 Million? See how it goes, then keep him for longer based on our good will of being the only team who was willing to bring him back. 

He works his ass off and would give us a little of that fire under the ass that this team needs. 

If the Angels would be the only team willing to bring him back, why would they pay him $20M/year?

1 minute ago, CaliAngel said:

To beat the $15 Mill he's already been offered. 

Compared to other signings of the past decade and a half, that would be a steal. 

You mean the rumors of him re-signing with his Japanese team for $15M?  Again, zero reason a major league team would offer a guy with no other major league offers a 2-year deal for $5M more per year than a Japanese team is giving him for one year.

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

2 years $26 million with the second year being a player option. 

For those saying no, wouldn’t he be a valuable trade chip if he pitches well?  I think teams are more afraid to be the first team to bring him back than to actually bring him back. 

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

For those saying no, wouldn’t he be a valuable trade chip if he pitches well?  I think teams are more afraid to be the first team to bring him back than to actually bring him back. 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I have no desire to add that personality to the clubhouse and I highly doubt Perry does either.  If we were a prime Bauer away from contending, maybe it’s a risk worth taking but for this group I’m not interested

5 minutes ago, mmc said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I have no desire to add that personality to the clubhouse and I highly doubt Perry does either.  If we were a prime Bauer away from contending, maybe it’s a risk worth taking but for this group I’m not interested

It could be a start, that's for sure.

What's wrong with his personality? He doesn't "say" or "act" the way MLB wants him to? 

Screw them. 

3 minutes ago, mmc said:

I feel like I would go the opposite way. If he were the only piece that would turn us into a contender, I would stay away, because of possible bad clubhouse problems ruining the season. On the other hand, if you are saying, he won't make us a contender, I have to disagree. Signing him elevates the pitching staff. Free agents are more likely to sign (like Stroman, Snell or Montgomery). Then you can package Sandoval for an impact player, and dump Anderson by picking up half of his salary

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Mookie certainly didn’t feel that way and I think he’s the only one quoted. 

Mookie was only quoted at the time of the signing, not after spending any amount of time playing with Bauer.  And no specific players made any quotes about not wanting him back, but why would you expect any player to go public with that?  All the reports are that the majority of the team wanted him gone  

1 minute ago, mmc said:

Mookie was only quoted at the time of the signing, not after spending any amount of time playing with Bauer.  And no specific players made any quotes about not wanting him back, but why would you expect any player to go public with that?  All the reports are that the majority of the team wanted him gone  

He was quoted in the last couple of months. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

If we’ve learned anything this off season it’s whatever is being reported must be true. 

Or you could just admit that the evidence points to him being an asshole that is disliked by the majority of the league and it makes sense that teams don’t want to add that to their clubhouse

8 minutes ago, mmc said:

Or you could just admit that the evidence points to him being an asshole that is disliked by the majority of the league and it makes sense that teams don’t want to add that to their clubhouse

Oh I think he’s disliked, probably more by opponents, but I will put more stalk in Betts actually giving his opinion than unnamed sources. Betts went as far as to say: 

"My experience with Bauer is not anything remotely close to what everyone else's experience is. I love him. I think he's an awesome guy. The personal things? I have no control. I have no say. Obviously, nothing ever came from it.

"He's an awesome pitcher. He's a great guy, somebody who wants to take the mound every fifth day. But, at the end of the day, I don't make the decision. That's a decision that's not as simple as baseball."

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

If the Angels would be the only team willing to bring him back, why would they pay him $20M/year?

to be fair, no one here knows what he would ask for or how much the halos would be willing to pay.

we can throw around numbers all day long here, but we know nothing. 

now if you'll excuse me, i'm tracking private flights from tokyo to toronto and need to go.

1 hour ago, mmc said:

Wrong

2 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

You mean the rumors of him re-signing with his Japanese team for $15M?  Again, zero reason a major league team would offer a guy with no other major league offers a 2-year deal for $5M more per year than a Japanese team is giving him for one year.

Interestingly enough, the Japanese are considered extremely Conservative yet are willing to pay the guy and have him represent one of 2 foreign players they can have on their main roster!

Yet, people here aren't interested in him by something he was never found guilty of in a Court of Law...