• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It’s time we consider signing Trevor Bauer

Hufflepuff

Should the Angels sign Trevor Bauer?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Sign Trevor Bauer? Yes or no

• Yes
    • No

25 minutes ago, Taylor said:

He didn't pitch that well in Japan. As jsnpritchett pointed out, there was some guy we've never heard of who put up almost identical numbers.

After not pitching for 1.5 years, Bauer did pretty well.   Important thing is having pitched 156 innings (6.5 per start) in 2023, which allows him to pitch up to 180-190 innings in 2024 if someone gives him a chance.

Edited by Angel Oracle

42 minutes ago, AngelFanInTheATL said:

It's clear that a majority of people on this board want Bauer signed not because they think he can actually help the team win, but because he's the latest Fox News cause celebre

The 13.6k of Angels fans who follow us on Twitter/X must be Arte Moreno and Trump lovers too. You couldn't be more wrong dude.

Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 3.11.39 PM.png

Bauer hasn't pitched on an MLB mound in over 2 years. The last time he had a full seasons worth of innings was 2019. 

Why does anyone actually want him? 

If you can convince me from a pure baseball standpoint why Bauer would be a good option, then I'll consider changing my position.

I think Bauer is a narcissist.  I thought CJ Wilson was a narcissist as well.  Baseball players who are concerned about their "brand" just bug me.  Other than that - I don't care if the Angels sign him.  I just don't think any team is likely to sign him. 

48 minutes ago, AngelFanInTheATL said:

It's clear that a majority of people on this board want Bauer signed not because they think he can actually help the team win, but because he's the latest Fox News cause celebre. "Hey, we love our sex pests and we're pissed that we're no longer allowed to sexually harass women in the workplace because of woke liberals, so let's get our revenge." 

Ten pages on a guy who hasn't pitched in the big leagues in almost three years.

He was the victim of sexual assault.  You blame victims all the time or just this one?  Think women dressing sexy are “asking for it”?  You make me sick.

Just now, Chuck said:

Ha! You couldn't be more wrong.

I would say about 90% of them hate Arte and a good majority based on their responses and their own tweets that we see, they lean far left. 

There is no way that 90% of Angel fans on Twitter lean far left.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

There is no way that 90% of Angel fans on Twitter lean far left.

I said a good majority of them lean left based on their responses. 

90% of them hate Arte. Probably closer to 100% tbh.

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

And as mentioned, please keep politics out of it.

This is about giving an All-Star pitcher a second chance, since he has been cleared of charges.

Is that all it's about? He deserves a 2nd chance so we should be the ones to give it to him? 

Why? 

32 minutes ago, Taylor said:

He didn't pitch that well in Japan. As jsnpritchett pointed out, there was some guy we've never heard of who put up almost identical numbers.

What does that matter? Parker bridwell pitched well in 2017. That doesn’t invalidate anyone. Same for Matt shoemaker in 2014.

Bauer has performed well for years now. He’s a great value add at this point. The only reason you wouldn’t want him is personal at this point. And you don’t even know the guy

1 minute ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

What does that matter? Parker bridwell pitched well in 2017. That doesn’t invalidate anyone. Same for Matt shoemaker in 2014.

Bauer has performed well for years now. He’s a great value add at this point. The only reason you wouldn’t want him is personal at this point. And you don’t even know the guy

I really don't give a shit anymore if the Angels sign him. The sex scandal stuff aside, I was wary of the Angels signing him in 2021 because of his reputation for being a clubhouse cancer. And his whole insufferable social media campaign leading up to that signing just confirmed that persona.

8 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Here you go, @tdawg87

This should settle the "he has nothing to offer a major league ball club from a talent perspective" crowd on here.

I mean, those are impressive stats. If his fastball is sitting in the high 90's that's a good sign. 

So why hasn't anyone signed him? Surely scouts and GM's will see that and want to bid for his services. 

Here's an interesting article from our own @Dollar Bill:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2023-10-25/trevor-bauer-chances-of-mlb-return-suspension-lawsuits

In an era when starting pitchers who regularly can endure six or seven innings are practically an endangered species, Bauer, who will be 33 in January, can pitch himself to major league owners this winter. Might one sign him?

“I can’t think of one owner so desperate to win that they would take on that,” one former major league owner told The Times. “You’d have to be [former Raiders owner] Al Davis, or someone like that.”

A general manager interested in signing Bauer would seek approval from ownership. One former team president told The Times he would be surprised to see a team sign Bauer.

“His chances are relatively small,” the former president said. “I think the pushback from the fan base, no matter where it is, is going to be significant.

So stats-wise. Ok, he could be a fit on a short term deal. But trading him could be a potential issue should the need arise. 

I guess we'll see. All it takes is one team. 

8 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean, those are impressive stats. If his fastball is sitting in the high 90's that's a good sign. 

So why hasn't anyone signed him? Surely scouts and GM's will see that and want to bid for his services. 

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2023-10-25/trevor-bauer-chances-of-mlb-return-suspension-lawsuits

So stats-wise. Ok, he could be a fit on a short term deal. But trading him could be a potential issue should the need arise. 

Dollar Bill is a dumb ass.

8 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Also, if it's me I sign him long term, with club options.  What happened to him is criminal, but take advantage of it. 

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

And why would he be cheap?

Because owners are afraid of homos like you?

Maybe they're afraid of ball busters like your wife.

Could be either.  I don't really care.