• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It’s time we consider signing Trevor Bauer

Hufflepuff

Should the Angels sign Trevor Bauer?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Sign Trevor Bauer? Yes or no

• Yes
    • No

13 minutes ago, Angels in 2030 said:

Clearly he's being blackballed by MLB and the owners.  That's why he hasn't returned.  Seriously, there is a constant list of rapists, drunk drivers, wife/girlfriend beaters, cheaters, drug users, etc. and they are given 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. chances by these same owners time & time again.  The owners themselves fall under this same category.  Not to mention coaches, GMs, etc.  If you think otherwise, you're quite naive.  

Link?

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

Tom Glavine gave his two cents on the Trevor Bauer situation a couple months ago. 

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6338416096112

Given that Bauer has mentioned making changes in his life, and seeing the first pic of the woman as she was when he left her place, it’s time to give him a second chance.   Of course, if he does something that is truly collaborated and confirmed, that’s it.

Glavine made a good point.   If indeed Bauer is innocent of the worst charges, that’s 3 years MLB salary he’ll never get back.

The #metoo has produced its’ share of proven false accusations.

The Halos might be a good spot for him.   They won’t be under the micro scope, now that Ohtani has left.

Edited by Angel Oracle

9 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Did you see the inteview with Bauer on FoxNews this morning, @cals?

Thoughts?

Yeah, and he says everything I already knew.  Bauer is the victim here.  The only reason Lindsay Hill isn’t behind bars is Gascon.  

Going on Fox and having heat put on owners from the political right is probably Bauer’s best move here.  

I’d love for Bauer to be an Angel.

It's clear that a majority of people on this board want Bauer signed not because they think he can actually help the team win, but because he's the latest Fox News cause celebre. "Hey, we love our sex pests and we're pissed that we're no longer allowed to sexually harass women in the workplace because of woke liberals, so let's get our revenge." 

Ten pages on a guy who hasn't pitched in the big leagues in almost three years.

3 minutes ago, AngelFanInTheATL said:

It's clear that a majority of people on this board want Bauer signed not because they think he can actually help the team win, but because he's the latest Fox News cause celebre. "Hey, we love our sex pests and we're pissed that we're no longer allowed to sexually harass women in the workplace because of woke liberals, so let's get our revenge." 

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

28 minutes ago, AngelFanInTheATL said:

You're 100% wrong and stop bringing politics into this. I wouldn't have cared if his interview was on CNN, MSNBC or ABC/CBS news. 

I think he's got something to offer and he brings a certain swagger from the mound that this team hasn't had since Weaver and Lackey. His FB velocity and secondary pitches from everything I've read is where it was before his MLB ban. 

11 minutes ago, AngelFanInTheATL said:

Troll

9 minutes ago, AngelFanInTheATL said:

But he has pitched, in Japan, and pitched well.  He deserves another chance.  And, I think he could help us win.  Hell, our manager got a second chance after cocaine use.

17 minutes ago, AngelFanInTheATL said:

I don't think it's quite what you seem to think it is but I agree that the Bauer support is agenda driven

18 minutes ago, AngelFanInTheATL said:

This is absolutely true. Not all the Bauer Lads here are sexual fiends themselves, but they have an irrational fear of "cancel culture" and see Bauer as their champion.

In other words, just virtue signaling from the usual suspects.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Only if he's a RINO. All the real patriots have gone to greener pastures like OANN and NewsMax.

OANN reminds of that stupid show with the weird chick and people doing stupid dances that was on a few years ago.  The OA.  $100 says that was your favorite show.

8 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

But he has pitched, in Japan, and pitched well.  He deserves another chance.  And, I think he could help us win.  Hell, our manager got a second chance after cocaine use.

He didn't pitch that well in Japan. As jsnpritchett pointed out, there was some guy we've never heard of who put up almost identical numbers.

Just now, cals said:

OANN reminds of that stupid show with the weird chick and people doing stupid dances that was on a few years ago.  The OA.  $100 says that was your favorite show.

I love The OA and I'm pissed at Netflix for cancelling it. 

It's not my favorite show though. Maybe like top 100.

24 minutes ago, Chuck said:

You're 100% wrong and stop bringing politics into this. I wouldn't have cared if his interview was on CNN, MSNBC or ABC/CBS news. 

I think he's got something to offer and he brings a certain swagger from the mound that this team hasn't had since Weaver and Lackey. His FB velocity and secondary pitches from everything I've read is where it was before his MLB ban. 

I mean it's kinda funny who wants to sign him vs those who don't. 🤷‍♂️

I don't, btw. Lol.

30 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean it's kinda funny who wants to sign him vs those who don't. 🤷‍♂️

I don't, btw. Lol.

@tdawg87 You don't think a guy who has been cleared with the law deserves a second chance?

I thought all liberals are into this? That's why the VP and many on the left was for bail reform and released all of those violent protesters after the George Floyd incident. 

18 minutes ago, Chuck said:

@tdawg87 You don't think a guy who has been cleared with the law deserves a second chance?

I thought all liberals are into this? That's why the VP and many on the left was for bail reform and released all of those violent protesters after the George Floyd incident. 

I have evidence that those BLM protestors were FBI agents with ties to white supremacy groups.

In all seriousness, lol @ "politics aside" and then immediately ranting about liberals.