• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It’s time we consider signing Trevor Bauer

Hufflepuff

Should the Angels sign Trevor Bauer?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Sign Trevor Bauer? Yes or no

• Yes
    • No

He'll sign somewhere. 

And wherever it is you'll hear the obligatory contrite speech. And the organization will put out the usual pr about therapy, guidance, giving him a second chance but with strict guidelines and so on. 

But whatever team it is will take some incoming fire from portions of the media. I doubt Arte wants that. He's  had enough trouble with some of the past fiascos. 

But if in good form Bauer can help many rotations. And the Angels could benefit. I'd do it after a thorough vetting, but highly unlikely he's a Halo. 

2 hours ago, T.G. said:

No matter what any of think of Bauer, Arte isn't going to sign him. You should all know Arte's MO by now. It's never going to happen.

No, I don’t.  You understand he did nothing to that woman?  Not only was the story fabricated but so were her bruises, proven by her own text messages and videos SHE took.  

Bauer is dumb for allowing himself to be duped but I’m not joking or exaggerating when I say he is the victim of a crime.  He is.  He didn’t assault that woman.  He didn’t screw her roughly and cause bruises.  It’s important for everyone to know that.  And to that end, if he is signed he has NOTHING to apologize for.  People should be apologizing to him, frankly.

So if Moreno can’t see that and sign him for a bargain than he’s a bigger moron than we thought.

On 12/5/2023 at 11:22 PM, Hufflepuff said:

Watching Bauer’s Youtube channel has really changed my perception of who he is. Seeing how hard he works, and his commitment to his routine could possibly have a positive effect on the younger pitchers in the organization. 

Playing in Japan can really change a player, just watch Mr. Baseball…

I have gone back and forth from a hell no to a cautious maybe on Trevor Bauer for the past few months, but my opinion on the Angels signing him has moved into a hell yeah stage.

Since Ohtani has moved on to our hated cross town rivals, I would love nothing more than the Angels to sign Trevor Bauer and Cody Bellinger.

How awesome would it be to have two motivated players who were spurned and given up on by the Dodgers play on the red-headed step child’s team just down the I-5 fwy.

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The Dodgers hurt our feelings. Let's sign their sloppy seconds clubhouse cancer.

Both of these guys could totally help the team. How do you know Bauer and Bellinger are clubhouse cancers or sloppy seconds? Bellinger had a great season this past year with the Cubs with now new Angels hitting coach Johnny Washington's guidance. 

11 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The Dodgers hurt our feelings. Let's sign their sloppy seconds clubhouse cancer.

He is the most proven MLB pitcher on the market. He has been elite in the past and was very good last year. Calling him sloppy seconds is ridiculous. Im not a fan of the guy over the years but the clubhouse cancer is really being ran with here as well. I have heard players say the opposite as well. As far as the whole sexual assault case, I think any honest person can admit he was more the victim here even if he was an idiot.  

3 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Both of these guys could totally help the team. How do you know Bauer and Bellinger are clubhouse cancers or sloppy seconds? Bellinger had a great season this past year with the Cubs with now new Angels hitting coach Johnny Washington's guidance. 

Bauer, Beiber and Bellinger. That has a nice ring to it. Afraid Belly will get too expensive though for a one year rebound. 

2 minutes ago, James said:

Bauer, Beiber and Bellinger. That has a nice ring to it. Afraid Belly will get too expensive though for a one year rebound. 

Bellinger will no doubt be expensive but in looking at the current lineup there really isn't a big bopper lefthanded bat in the lineup. 

If the season started today I'm guessing this is what the lineup would look like:

1B Schanuel

CF Trout

3B Rendon

2B Drury

RF Moniak

LF Ward

C O'Hoppe

DH Adell/Rengifo

SS Neto

1 minute ago, Chuck said:

Bellinger will no doubt be expensive but in looking at the current lineup there really isn't a big bopper lefthanded bat in the lineup. 

If the season started today I'm guessing this is what the lineup would look like:

1B Schanuel

CF Trout

3B Rendon

2B Drury

RF Moniak

LF Ward

C O'Hoppe

DH Adell/Rengifo

SS Neto

I would be looking at trading Drury to net a reliever or package for a starter and bringing in Justin Turner to replace him as well. Age 39 scares me but the attitude Turner plays with would be great for this team too and we are talking a one-year deal.   

6 minutes ago, James said:

I would be looking at trading Drury to net a reliever or package for a starter and bringing in Justin Turner to replace him as well. Age 39 scares me but the attitude Turner plays with would be great for this team too and we are talking a one-year deal.   

Hell, let's get Bauer, Bellinger, JD Martinez and Justin Turner. 

Dodgers revenge tour!! lol

9 minutes ago, mmc said:

I will absolutely refuse to watch the Angels next season if they sign Trevor Bauer

Why? Unless I missed something he was proven to be not guilty and it turned out he was the victim. 

This team needs a little swagger on the mound that I believe will help other guys on the staff. We haven't had a bulldog on the mound since Lackey/Weaver. 

He's still a very good pitcher and this team needs an ace.