• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Again Anderson turns it around you trade him at deadline get another young prospect. Remember you are in rebuild mode. Spending around 10 mill you could get 2 decent prospects. People after 8 LOSING SEASON halos no way going to compete this year for a playoff spot. 

Of course they can compete for a playoff spot. Health and upgrades along with young pitching pitching like they did in 2022 and they are a playoff team. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Of course they can compete for a playoff spot. Health and upgrades along with young pitching pitching like they did in 2022 and they are a playoff team. 

So many IF"S and I'm not buying into anymore magic beans. Angel's should start rebuild around young players they have in my opinion. New direction after so many years of trying in off season to compete.

25 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

So many IF"S and I'm not buying into anymore magic beans. Angel's should start rebuild around young players they have in my opinion. New direction after so many years of trying in off season to compete.

Then feel free to go share your drivel on Twitter. They are building around young players. They are one of the younger teams in the league. 80% of the roster is 27 or younger. 

16 hours ago, FromJapan said:

Yuki Matsui (Closer, Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles, Age 28) held a press conference on the November 8th (JST) and officially announced that he had exercised his overseas free agency rights.

(Stats in NPB) https://npb.jp/bis/eng/players/81285139.html
(YUKI MATSUI - MLBTR) https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/players/yuki-matsui

Matsui's video on October 7, 2023.

You said they “are in a rebuild,” not they “should.”

12 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Again Anderson turns it around you trade him at deadline get another young prospect. Remember you are in rebuild mode. Spending around 10 mill you could get 2 decent prospects. People after 8 LOSING SEASON halos no way going to compete this year for a playoff spot. 

okay, brad ausmus, who sits so that anderson can play - Neto or Rengifo? and what if anderson doesn't turn it around? what then?

9 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

and yet you want them to sign tim anderson.

I think generally speaking, I'm in favor of playing the youngsters to see if they make the adjustments and you have something of value. And then filling the holes/gaps in the roster with veterans on one year deals that you can flip at the trade deadline and replace with AAA players to close out the season. 

It saves money and rebuilds the farm system and does the quiet part out loud, which is rebuild. 

29 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

You sign Giotito for 7 years at 210 mill. Anderson is low risk and let rest of off season play out. Again depends on what direction Angel's are going in. 

You want the Angels to sign Lucas Giolito for $30 million per year for Seven years? Really? What did he do last year that so impressed you?

~ArkyAmgelsFan~

You sign Giotito for 7 years at 210 mill. Anderson is low risk and let rest of off season play out. Again depends on what direction Angel's are going in. 

I think I'm going to need people to start taking an annual cognitive mental acuity test before their accounts can become active to post.