• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

But are you willing to take him for 5 years $125 million? 

Upton was 5/$106m, Hamilton was 5/$125m, so I don’t feel it’s completely unprecedented. Yelich’s profile probably lacks the upside but the floor feels much higher. Huge risk and a lot of money but good defense and speed plus 80 walks at the top of the lineup sure fits nicely. 

Maybe if the Halos were able to dump Anderson and maybe Fletcher this winter somewhere to free up some cash.

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Upton was 5/$106m, Hamilton was 5/$125m, so I don’t feel it’s completely unprecedented. Yelich’s profile probably lacks the upside but the floor feels much higher. Huge risk and a lot of money but good defense and speed plus 80 walks at the top of the lineup sure fits nicely. 

Maybe if the Halos were able to dump Anderson and maybe Fletcher this winter somewhere to free up some cash.

Hell you might be able to trade them in the package to get Yelich.  

19 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Hell you might be able to trade them in the package to get Yelich.  

Don’t think that’s impossible. They’re hungry enough for some vet pitching I could see them taking Anderson. Or maybe the trade comes close to starting/ending with someone like Sandoval. Don’t love that. 

It also immediately frees up some combo of Adell, Moniak, and Ward for an additional trade, or as part of that trade. Plus Yelich can play CF when Trout gets hurt 😆

The Upton trade and extension obviously didn’t work out, but it was seen as a pretty strong move at the time. Their offensive profiles were different but the output similar. Upton’s defense did not compare. No one I think really expected Upton to be dealt when he was, but the Angels dropped in and made it happen without giving up really anything, as Detroit just wanted to free up that money as they rebuilt. That scenario feels extremely similar to what’s happening in Milwaukee. Yelich has a NTC, but would likely be pretty open to playing back home.

IMG_7207.jpeg

Edited by totdprods

The focus for this offseason is pitching, we needs at the vary minimal get a a solid #2 and a #3 for the upcoming season. Ideally if we can some how get two #2 that would be a winning offseason. If I were to outline our needs, if would be as followed;

1. Starting pitching

2. Bullpen

3. DH/OF

Top choice would be:

Tier 1, Solid #2

I can see us getting Snell, Stroman, re-signing Moore and Lopez, and lastly either Pham and Martinez. 

Well than it's not going to be a pretty off-season. 

Personally I have:

Snell 150mil over 6 years= 25 mil

Stroman 72 mil over 4 years= 18 mil

Moore= 8 Mil

Lopez: 33mil over 3 years

Snell will get something more, like 180 over 6 years.  So, pass on Stroman.  His second half swoons are something we don't need.  Besides, our guys, Detmers, Sandoval, etc. are already as good as Stroman.  

Moore and Lopez I'm ok with.  We can give part of the Stroman money to Justin Turner, and add some leadership to our clubhouse. 

On 11/8/2023 at 5:59 AM, greginpsca said:

Only one from that list i would want is Imanaga. But i think he will be an overpay for some team.

On November 11 (Japan Standard Time), the Yokohama DeNA BayStars (NPB) announced that they have approved Imanaga's transfer to MLB through the posting system.

(NPB official page) His stats

10 hours ago, FromJapan said:

Yuki Matsui (Closer, Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles, Age 28) held a press conference on the November 8th (JST) and officially announced that he had exercised his overseas free agency rights.

(Stats in NPB) https://npb.jp/bis/eng/players/81285139.html
(YUKI MATSUI - MLBTR) https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/players/yuki-matsui

Could definitely use a solid closer!

Crazy good stats the past 3 years, still only 28

Edited by Angel Oracle

18 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Why?

The guy TOTALLY sucked in 2023 at the plate, to where none of his stats were any good.  He’s already 30 too.

I’d just assume let Paris take over 2B in 2025 after Drury leaves.

82223302-3B2A-4901-A99D-402189BC4A05.png

I'd sign Anderson trade Drury get some young pitching prospect. Let the rebuild start. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Then why do that?  Just trade Drury and start Paris. 

Again Anderson turns it around you trade him at deadline get another young prospect. Remember you are in rebuild mode. Spending around 10 mill you could get 2 decent prospects. People after 8 LOSING SEASON halos no way going to compete this year for a playoff spot.