• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

9 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

I would like to see three things happen this off season but none of them are going to. 

Re-sign Ohtani
Rendon retires
Arte decides to sell the team

Give me one of those and I'll be pretty happy.  

It’s be pretty nuts if Ohtani signed elsewhere and Rendon retired. Angels would have a ridiculous amount of money to spend all of the sudden. Instead of having $30m+ to a DH, however much Rendon costs in ‘24, and the money coming off the books, they could afford to sort of replicate the ‘04 free agency splurge. Sign a (the?) top (non-Ohtani) bat, the top arm, another good arm and a decent bat and they’re back in business.

Really one heck of an interesting offseason ahead. There’s so many ways it can go.

12 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

He was the prize SS available in trade last season. Crazy how fast players can fall. 

Yeah, he was just brutal this season.  Plus, the White Sox may be figuring '24 will be a rebuild year for them, so why bother paying Anderson $14M when they're going to be bad?  They might just give the starting SS gig to Colson Montgomery and let him sink or swim.  He can't possibly be much worse than Anderson was this year.

8 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yeah, he was just brutal this season.  Plus, the White Sox may be figuring '24 will be a rebuild year for them, so why bother paying Anderson $14M when they're going to be bad?  They might just give the starting SS gig to Colson Montgomery and let him sink or swim.  He can't possibly be much worse than Anderson was this year.

Dude has some crazy off field shit going on too.  His mistress was basically exposing him on his Instagram ...was actually hilarious.

On 11/5/2023 at 1:32 AM, Chuckster70 said:

Hope the Angels sign Ohtani and then he helps the club land Yamamoto! 

The Orix Buffaloes announced on November 5 (Japan Standard Time) that they have approved pitcher Yoshinobu Yamamoto's transfer to MLB through the posting system.  He has already signed a contract with the agency Wasserman in preparation for his transfer.

His comment:
"During my seven years at Orix Buffaroes, I was able to grow a lot as a baseball player. I want to become a player competing in the world's best league."

Edited by FromJapan
Add text