• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

51 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

14M AAV for 10 years for 29 YO Will Smith is the steal of the freaking millennium.

i think anyone who's expecting him to still be catching after age 35 is in for an awakening.

that said, was listening to a talk show this morning and i think it was travis rodgers who said this is a weird deal. the dodgers have two catchers on the farm ranked in the top ten of catching prospects - guys that are going to be really, really good. what does it say about them and the dodgers that they just signed their catcher to a ten year deal with these two about to be major league ready?

likely trade bait, of course. but it's an interesting question to explore.

7 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

No rain on Friday in Baltimore, if Thursday’s opener is postponed

Looks like it will be fine by 5pm and it isnt looking like a ton of rain either. Should get it in but will likely be delayed

18 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So they will be paying him $4.5 million a year from 2028-2033.  Then $5 million a year for ten years when they no longer have him. 

It's a deal to have a top 3 MLB catcher during the next 6 years very underpriced. Dodgers have zero cares about 2028-2033. They want to win 4 rings in the next 6 years. 

I bet the field against the Dodgers in the NL West. I think their infield defense is horrible, they can't hit leftys, and their rotation is insanely talented but held together by duct tape.

27 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

It's a deal to have a top 3 MLB catcher during the next 6 years very underpriced. Dodgers have zero cares about 2028-2033. They want to win 4 rings in the next 6 years. 

I bet the field against the Dodgers in the NL West. I think their infield defense is horrible, they can't hit leftys, and their rotation is insanely talented but held together by duct tape.

I think it’s an amazing deal for the Dodgers. 

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

So they will be paying him $4.5 million a year from 2028-2033.  Then $5 million a year for ten years when they no longer have him. 

I'm guessing he can live off of $4.5 million/year.

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

I think the Ohtani controversy is going to dog them all season.

It also doesn't help that Ohtani was purchased with money when he came into MLB as an international free agent, so that makes him a draft dodger, too.

HomerGoingIntoTheBushes.gif