• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

5 hours ago, AngelStew43 said:

Absolutely!  I don't know what to expect next off-season in the Corbin Burnes sweepstakes.  I expect we will have a little money to spend, though. 

Currently close to $50 million under the tax threshold

I hope there’s some sort of resolution to the RSN issue by next off-season.

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 minute ago, ThisismineScios said:

10 year extension for a catcher is a bit risky, no? Maybe he takes over from Freddie. 

Some contract lengths represent expected play term and some are really more just extended financing.

22 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Some contract lengths represent expected play term and some are really more just extended financing.

Great point. For him it's long-term security, for them if he can't catch after 6 more years effectively, the money is spread out. I see how it's like a deferment in some ways. 

3 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

14M AAV for 10 years for 29 YO Will Smith is the steal of the freaking millennium.

Fuck the dodgers, man.

I agree fuck the dodgers and I’m on the Angels board not the fucken dodgers board. I don’t want to know about the dodgers

31 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I actually made it through an entire off-season without channeling the old venting AO.     Alert Ripley’s!

He said, one day before the season starts....

Now the real test begins.

3 minutes ago, rottiesworld said:

I’m on the Angels board not the fucken dodgers board. I wonky want to know about the Angels

Ok!

The Angels DID NOT sign C Will Smith to a 10 year 140 mil contract.  I know thats not what you meant, but it was the best I could do given the lack of news today.

Tomorrow we all get to obsess over Angels baseball again.

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Ok!

The Angels DID NOT sign C Will Smith to a 10 year 140 mil contract.  I know thats not what you meant, but it was the best I could do given the lack of news today.

Tomorrow we all get to obsess over Angels baseball again.

...unless they get rained out!