• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

1 minute ago, greginpsca said:

My expectations are that Ohtani is gone, Trout asks for a trade. They try to trade either Anderson or Sandoval for younger pieces. They go after a SP free agent, and 2-3 relievers, and one of'er, and a backup catcher.

I don't know why any team would want to trade young/controllable players for Anderson, given his trainwreck of a year last year.

3 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

My expectations are that Ohtani is gone, Trout asks for a trade. They try to trade either Anderson or Sandoval for younger pieces. They go after a SP free agent, and 2-3 relievers, and one of'er, and a backup catcher.

I highly doubt Trout gets traded and there’s no reason to trade him. You aren’t getting actual prospects in return and you’ll have to eat money to trade him. The Angels don’t owe him a trade, so you don’t pay to trade him. 

56 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Don’t we usually have two different threads, one an Angels Hot Stove and the other an MLB Hot Stove thread?  

Nah, we've always had an all for one thread for Angels and MLB offseason news. 

I posted this link in the Ohtani thread, but thought I'd bring it here since there are 49 other players on the list.  Maybe I'm just out of touch these days, but some of these contract predictions seem absolutely insane. 12 years, $264M for Bellinger?  6 years, $110M for Hader?  Even Urshela at 2 years, $20M?  If these projections are anywhere near reality, I have a hard time seeing the Angels being very competitive in the free agency market.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/11/2023-24-top-50-free-agents-with-predictions.html

Edited by jsnpritchett

9 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I posted this link in the Ohtani thread, but thought I'd bring it here since there are 49 other players on the list.  Maybe I'm just out of touch these days, but some of these contract predictions seem absolutely insane. 12 years, $264M for Bellinger?  6 years, $110M for Hader?  Even Urshela at 2 year, $20M?  If these projections are anywhere near reality, I have a hard time seeing the Angels being very competitive in the free agency market.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/11/2023-24-top-50-free-agents-with-predictions.html

Yeah there's just no way those guys get that much. 

Ohtani getting over 500 million over 12 years? lol

Yamamoto 225 million? + the posting fee. WTF

MLB Trade Rumors guys smoking something. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah there's just no way those guys get that much. 

Ohtani getting over 500 million over 12 years? lol

Yamamoto 225 million? + the posting fee. WTF

MLB Trade Rumors guys smoking something. 

It’s crazy because more times than not they are pretty accurate. Not every time but quite often they are close.