• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

1 minute ago, T.G. said:

I drive by the stadium several days a week early in the morning and every day there are at least 10-15 vehicles in the parking lot next to the offices.  Today there was just 4.  Very unusual.  Just an observation, but I'm no Roger Lodge...

That’s kinda weird since there’s a roster-related deadline today, meaning they actually need to do something today.

Gotta tender contracts to some players and decide on a couple others.

If anything, I’d expect more people needing to be at the office today than other days.

We effectively non-tendered all of our guys already in Walsh, Barria, Phillips, and Wallach, but I could see the Halos in on a player or two from teams trimming salary. 

Quijada and Suarez are the only guys left who are on the fringe, and projected at $1m a piece, easy to hold onto them for now. Or cut them. Either way.

Sandoval, Ward, Rengifo, and Canning will be tendered.

Edited by totdprods

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

We effectively non-tendered all of our guys already in Walsh, Barria, Phillips, and Wallach, but I could see the Halos in on a player or two from teams trimming salary. 

That’s what they did with Urshela last year.

Twins wanted to move his salary before the non-tender deadline, so they made a deal with the Angels that day

18 minutes ago, BTH said:

That’s what they did with Urshela last year.

Twins wanted to move his salary before the non-tender deadline, so they made a deal with the Angels that day

Was Renfroe already signed to a contract or was he tendered and then traded?

17 minutes ago, BTH said:

Mariners MLB.com writer:

“According to industry sources, signing Ohtani doesn’t appear to be within the Mariners’ realistic agenda this offseason.”

Look, obviously Ohtani is a phenomenal once in a lifetime talent, with enormous marketability and upside on both sides of the ball…but he’s still an enormously tricky buy logistically, especially when he’s in his thirties, making record money, and facing true pitching questions. He also hasn’t played the field in years. 

There are a lot of tremendously difficult things to work around for any team that signs him, in spite of all his talent. He’ll get paid, he’ll have a ton of interest, but it isn’t an easy fit for most clubs.

Ohtani is a unique talent with unique requirements.  Ohtani will do what's best for him, but it will be interesting to see how any future team/fanbase will react if his injuries linger or the need to keep DH open impacts other roster decisions.  Whatever happens, wherever he goes the expectations will be higher moving forward because the salary will be as well.

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Ohtani is a unique talent with unique requirements.  Ohtani will do what's best for him, but it will be interesting to see how any future team/fanbase will react if his injuries linger or the need to keep DH open impacts other roster decisions.  Whatever happens, wherever he goes the expectations will be higher moving forward because the salary will be as well.

I truly don’t think the average fan realizes his impact on the roster flexibility as long as his bat does what it does. 

36 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Look, obviously Ohtani is a phenomenal once in a lifetime talent, with enormous marketability and upside on both sides of the ball…but he’s still an enormously tricky buy logistically, especially when he’s in his thirties, making record money, and facing true pitching questions. He also hasn’t played the field in years. 

There are a lot of tremendously difficult things to work around for any team that signs him, in spite of all his talent. He’ll get paid, he’ll have a ton of interest, but it isn’t an easy fit for most clubs.

Will teams use a 6 man rotation for him. I wish him nothing but the best going forward. In some lineup like Texas loaded with talent he will put up great numbers.

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Will teams use a 6 man rotation for him. I wish him nothing but the best going forward. In some lineup like Texas loaded with talent he will put up great numbers.

When the Angels tried to pitch him more often, it didn't work as well. I'm curious to see what happens if whoever signs him says eff it to the six man rotation. I don't expect him back at this point, but the fact is that Ohtani had it great in Anaheim on a personal level and he may be about to find that out. 

3 hours ago, BTH said:

That’s kinda weird since there’s a roster-related deadline today, meaning they actually need to do something today.

Gotta tender contracts to some players and decide on a couple others.

If anything, I’d expect more people needing to be at the office today than other days.

I just drove by Del Taco and parking lot was empty