• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Pujols Plantar Fasciitis Excuse

Its strange.   His numbers have had a slight decline over the last few years, but not like this season.

His numbers at the end of last season were his lowest, but still certainly respectable.   He was good after the slow start.

Hopefully he can get it together for the second half of this season.  Its sad to watch. 

I do think he still has some good years left in him.   Maybe he needs surgery.

Plantars are painful. I've had it in both feet for about a decade, but the past month I haven't been able to work more than 1 or 2 days in a row, and am icing several times a day just to be able to get around the house.

Slight improvement over the past week has me hopeful I won't be going on disability for this. I work in TV and the busy part of the season is coming.

Personally, I don't see how Pujols is able to play at all.

He needs to go on the DL and rest it. He can afford it.

First, Longoria's "career year" numbers don't match Pujols' lifetime numbers. Just sayin.

Seeing how many times Albert grounds out to 3rd makes me think he's trying too hard to be quick inside. This could be connected to the foot problems. Overall I think he's never resigned himself to the idea that the Big A is not a power park. If he'll go back to being satisfied with 50 doubles we could see some pretty good production.

1) I didn't realize every case of plantas fascitis was exactly the same...if that's the case I feel real bad for Albert...there are mornings I dread getting out of bed knowing how much pain I'll feel the first few steps

The last time I had plantar fasciitis, every step on my right foot felt like someone was sticking a dagger in it. I would never belittle anyone suffering from it.

I can completely understand his power numbers being down due to the injury, but has it affected his hand/eye coordination, as well as his bat speed that significantly?

If you have significant pain anywhere, it can screw up your mechanics. You unconsciously make adjustments to reduce the pain and it can mess up everything.

If you have significant pain anywhere, it can screw up your mechanics. You unconsciously make adjustments to reduce the pain and it can mess up everything.

Absolutely.  You end up favoring that part of the body which, even a small amount can mess everything up.

Albert Pujols is unsure at this time whether he'll undergo offseason surgery to repair plantar fasciitis in his left foot.
"When we get to that point, we'll talk about it," Pujols said Thursday. Something will need to be done, whether it's surgery or intensive rehab, as Pujols is hobbled by the ailment. "I'm definitely going to try to do something after the season to help me out and not play in that pain I've been playing in," Pujols told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "There's no doubt that I'll be a full-time first baseman next year.

Good news, everybody!  Even though he admits he's playing in significant pain, he isn't gonna shut it down.  I'm sure he'll opt for "intensive rehab" over surgery.

ap sure looked fast running after aybar last night after aybar's walk off hit!

from what i understand, surgery for chronic inflammation of the plantar faciae involves slicing the muscle, then allowing scar tissue to build around the incision to make the muscle area thicker.

a total last resort if i had it.

ap sure looked fast running after aybar last night after aybar's walk off hit!

from what i understand, surgery for chronic inflammation of the plantar faciae involves slicing the muscle, then allowing scar tissue to build around the incision to make the muscle area thicker.

a total last resort if i had it.

I thought the same thing when I saw AP running after Aybar as well. Haven't seen him run that fast to first all year.

Didn't Tim Salmon have the same surgery where they sliced the muscle? And wasn't he limited to DH the next year because of complications? Also Pujols may not be able to prepare for the next season cause he will be on crutches for much of the off season.

Sooo... He will be the DH for 2014.