• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani has cleared out his locker

jsnpritchett

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Or the agent told them mid game.  

Still, figure it out.  It's a really bad look for the comms team not to have any response at all, even if they found out 10 minutes before the reporters got into the clubhouse. 

After the Rendon nonsense ("ask the team" why they didn't update his status) and even Moniak telling reporters he was trying to come back and them noting he wasn't on the IL, followed 10 minutes later by the Angels PR account announcing he was on the IL, it's just pure amateur hour. 

5 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Still, figure it out.  It's a really bad look for the comms team not to have any response at all, even if they found out 10 minutes before the reporters got into the clubhouse. 

After the Rendon nonsense ("ask the team" why they didn't update his status) and even Moniak telling reporters he was trying to come back and them noting he wasn't on the IL, followed 10 minutes later by the Angels PR account announcing he was on the IL, it's just pure amateur hour. 

Yep. 

Just now, notherhalo said:

Would a waiver claim today put the angels under luxury tax?

A claim of Ohtani? Almost certainly, given that they seem to be hovering right around it as-is. Ohtani's making $30M, so even dropping him for the remaining portion of the season would save around $2.5M.

(I'm sure he isn't being waived...I was joking in my earlier post about that.)

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

A claim of Ohtani? Almost certainly, given that they seem to be hovering right around it as-is. Ohtani's making $30M, so even dropping him for the remaining portion of the season would save around $2.5M.

(I'm sure he isn't being waived...I was joking in my earlier post about that.)

Why wouldn't they do it, because it's too stupid of a thing to do?  That doesn't seem like a challenge for this team

"We're not sure what the deal is. We're trying to locate Shohei. Arte switched to a cheaper wireless plan and we're having trouble connecting but our producer/engineer is working on it. As I've said before, Shohei's day-to-day and when he's ready, I'll pencil him in. We feel positive about the rest of the reason. We'll win some games. The guys are baseball players."

The fans for the last six years deserve a press conference with Ohtani present. It's a terrible image for the team and for him to just pack his bags and slink away anonymously. 

And I presume Ippie is gonzo too as he has no other role. 

And any new team will expect more on and off the field from him given how much he'll be paid. 

19 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

The fans for the last six years deserve a press conference with Ohtani present. It's a terrible image for the team and for him to just pack his bags and slink away anonymously. 

And I presume Ippie is gonzo too as he has no other role. 

And any new team will expect more on and off the field from him given how much he'll be paid. 

Agree, it's awful for Ohtani to just pack his bag and split. If he has loyalty to the Angels and the fans he has a funny way of showing it.

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

Agree, it's awful for Ohtani to just pack his bag and split. If he has loyalty to the Angels and the fans he has a funny way of showing it.

LOYALTY!?!?!?!?!?!...

The only people loyal are the fans of the team...

Players $$$ 

Owner is $$$

I'm ready to move on with our prospects and ideally a revamped coaching and medical staff.

Honestly give me a young team similar to the 1999-2001 team that was hungry and building towards that 2002 season. I know baseball has changed and is more stat heavy but seeing guys with that grinding attitude like Neto, O'Hoppe and Moniak does give me some hope for a few years down the line.

....also Arte sell the fucking team you old crusty bastard.

12 hours ago, nando714 said:

His agent sucks 

he’s been awful since the spring . He’s been giving Ohtani terrible advice since 

We also did no favors 

Other than pay him quite a hefty one-year extension. I do understand his frustration; but, he did sign a contract and as such, should be owning up his responsibilities to that contract. If he is placed on IL, that is one thing, but he is not.