• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Manager / GM Candidates

Hubs

Minassian sold Moreno a bill of goods. 

I can take him or leave him.

Take a look at Nevin.  Look closely at his background.  Did he win as a player?  Did he win as a manager?   Being fair….he was a good player.  ONE team he played on qualified for post season, and were swept. 

There are who Players who MIGHT respond to his style…but not this group.  

If you wanna keep Ohtani…hire Ichiro. You can deliver a gut-punch to a division rival by doing so.  Ichiro will probably end up managing the club in Seattle.

His English is so-so. Big deal.  Nobody listens to the manager anyways these days.  

Hell…hire the Japanese National baseball Team to fill the roster.  I bet THEY could play .500 ball.

Ohtani can’t lead if he can’t speak to anybody without an interpreter.  Surround him with a few of his boys maybe what he does will get contagious.

24 minutes ago, Just Sayin said:

Minassian sold Moreno a bill of goods. 

I can take him or leave him.

Take a look at Nevin.  Look closely at his background.  Did he win as a player?  Did he win as a manager?   Being fair….he was a good player.  ONE team he played on qualified for post season, and were swept. 

There are who Players who MIGHT respond to his style…but not this group.  

If you wanna keep Ohtani…hire Ichiro. You can deliver a gut-punch to a division rival by doing so.  Ichiro will probably end up managing the club in Seattle.

His English is so-so. Big deal.  Nobody listens to the manager anyways these days.  

Hell…hire the Japanese National baseball Team to fill the roster.  I bet THEY could play .500 ball.

Ohtani can’t lead if he can’t speak to anybody without an interpreter.  Surround him with a few of his boys maybe what he does will get contagious.

Couldn't have done much worse putting "Team Japan" on the field as the Angel 2023 team.

7 minutes ago, T.G. said:

This year's team has been absolutely decimated by injuries.  Some of you want to sweep that under the rug.  It has been a major contributing factor to this team's failures this year.

Yes, but so had last years, and people were quick to want to forgive Nevin for that. But Maddon got fired after a losing streak?

14 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

My question is a valid one.

When was the last season where the Halos had a MLB average or less than MLB average total number of IL days?

It seems like it’s been several years?

This team has more guys in "sick bay" than on the field.  Pathetic.

Even pro football players play when they are more dinged up, and their game is much more physically demanding.

15 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

My question is a valid one.

When was the last season where the Halos had a MLB average or less than MLB average total number of IL days?

It seems like it’s been several years?

You do this all the time.  You ask questions just like this all the time.

You own a computer.  You have internet access.  Get the answers yourself.

Minasian will be back, but I would be very surprised if Nevin is brought back.  He was given a one year contract in what they thought was a transition year between owners.  Now that that isn’t the case, a new manager will be brought in, unless of course Arte sells.  I would not be at all surprised to see him sell the team regardless of whether or not he re-signs Ohtani.  

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Minasian will be back, but I would be very surprised if Nevin is brought back.  He was given a one year contract in what they thought was a transition year between owners.  Now that that isn’t the case, a new manager will be brought in, unless of course Arte sells.  I would not be at all surprised to see him sell the team regardless of whether or not he re-signs Ohtani.  

This quote will be rich.  #bookmarked.

It's 50 50 if Nevin will be back. Either he will or he won't. Angels this year have an unusual number of injuries. Ursela the man to replace Rendon if he got hurt gets hurt and out for year. Halos have changed GM's and managers and things have not changed. Stick with these two for another year. Injuries to entire infield, two thirds of OF plus starting catcher. Resign Moose and Moore this off season.

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

And if you are?

In that case I will have thoroughly underestimated the stupidity of the front office and ownership.

I will come before the board, hat in hand and state that everyone else knew better that the Angel front office are their own worst enemy. 

1 hour ago, mmc said:

I'm 90% certain Minasian isn't going anywhere and 75% certain Nevin isn't

75% certain that Nevin stays feels insanely high.

It’s not a question of whether to fire Nevin— it’s a question of whether to give him another contract.

I don’t see what he has done to deserve another contract.

24 minutes ago, Trendon said:

The most Angels thing to happen is they’ll fire Perry, extend Nevin, and Arte won’t sell.

Because nothing smart ever happens with this team.

The most Angel thing ever is they fire both Perry and Nevin (both of which get picked up by the Rockies), and then the Rockies get to the World Series  in 2024