• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Remembering an AngelsWin.com Legend - Lou (IEBRUIN)

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Or the same person 10 times.

I do not believe I ever won an argument with Lou. In fact, I am sure of it. I may just miss losing more arguments to him. 

I'm a maybe. 

For whatever reason it keeps popping into my head that maybe 2 months ago or so, someone poster a thread here asking "who's excited for tonight" when we were play8ng like shit.

Which we can all understand.

And I remember Lou posting "I am".

Maybe it's because he had so much more going on, and knew just watching baseball is simple and fun.

But then when you think back, he's always backed the team. Win or lose.

There's a lesson there... not to blindly cheerlead, but to accept its just a game, that there's bigger things in life to sweat. 

And none of us are going anywhere, so you should focus more on the good than the bad.

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

There are so many lessons to be learned from Lou. I plan on compiling a bunch of them in the coming days and creating a separate thread/blog post with them all in there. 

*If someone breaks the law or screws the pooch big time better chances than not they’re a trojan. 

54 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

@Lou I know you have a lot on your plate right now, and are probably too busy to worry about checking in on the group of nerdy knuckleheads that take baseball way too seriously.

But I hope you're seeing this.

I hope you're seeing how much of an impact you made on a bunch of people you may have never met.

And I hope some of the takes and ideas on the main board aren't making you feel worse.

Every time I see you post now, I think "Oh Lou's checking in, can't wait to see what he has to say about us and the board."

More important things than posting here but I agree, hope he gets to see this and the PMs that have made their way to him

Lou had done one of the funniest things to me ever here.  I had posted something, he edited and changed some wording, then I ran around trying to figure out why I said that.  

I didn't want to say anything but as good a time as any, I have just recently joined the C club. I recently had a tumor removed and by all intent purposes it was a cut it out and you should be ok but the pathology came back with 2 growing in one.  A yay and a nay.  The nay is very aggressive.  Lot of gears shifting in my head right now. 

5 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

Lou had done one of the funniest things to me ever here.  I had posted something, he edited and changed some wording, then I ran around trying to figure out why I said that.  

I didn't want to say anything but as good a time as any, I have just recently joined the C club. I recently had a tumor removed and by all intent purposes it was a cut it out and you should be ok but the pathology came back with 2 growing in one.  A yay and a nay.  The nay is very aggressive.  Lot of gears shifting in my head right now. 

Well, keep up the fight. I plan on busting the not libs balls for another 20 years. I have a seat for you in the front row. Will keep you in our prayers. 

Here we are in early August, the Angels are pushing for the postseason and Shohei is pitching tonight.  And yet... all I can think about is Lou.  A guy I've never met in person, but who I've "talked" to more than people I actually know well.  A guy who has had a unique impact on this board and those who frequent it. 

As hard as this might be for some of us, I can't imagine what it's like for Lou. That's why I keep thinking about him.  That's why I keep praying for him.

25 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

Hang in there, bud. I've lost too many people to it. Like @Inside Pitch said, I can't think of anything I hate worse than it.

14 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Here we are in early August, the Angels are pushing for the postseason and Shohei is pitching tonight.  And yet... all I can think about is Lou.  A guy I've never met in person, but who I've "talked" to more than people I actually know well.  A guy who has had a unique impact on this board and those who frequent it. 

As hard as this might be for some of us, I can't imagine what it's like for Lou. That's why I keep thinking about him.  That's why I keep praying for him.

Same boat...

I think I'm more of an Angelswin.com fan than an Angels fan the past several years.... hard to come on here and really care about baseball right now.

I'd gladly trade a trophy the next decade for another 20 years of sucking to have Lou around with some asshole comments.

44 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Same boat...

I think I'm more of an Angelswin.com fan than an Angels fan the past several years.... hard to come on here and really care about baseball right now.

I'd gladly trade a trophy the next decade for another 20 years of sucking to have Lou around with some asshole comments.

Exactly the same here. 

1 hour ago, Crampknees said:

Dang it! I hate hearing that anyone is dealing with that stress. Prayers to you that they got all of it and it’s in your past. 

2 hours ago, Crampknees said:

Really need you beat this awful thing!   I'm not done giving you shit yet. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

I would also like to point out that our dear friend @Dave Saltzer has been battling a rare blood cancer for almost three years now that has literally ripped apart his life. 

Thankfully he’s still alive and kicking but life isn’t what it used to be for Dave. 

I have been praying daily for Lou, David and Kurt since coming to knowledge of their diagnosis. Please keep them all in your prayers for a miracle and/or comfort and peace through their trying times. 

Just rips me apart. 

Hang in there @Dave Saltzer. You're one of the ones on here we all appreciate your posts. Hang tough and beat this, my friend

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

On 8/2/2023 at 12:07 PM, Chuckster70 said:

It crushingly pains me to write this to you all but I've been given his blessing to share that our good friend that we've all known as @Lou (and IEBRUIN) has battling cancer for a while now, but it has taken a turn for the worse so he has been placed into hospice care. 

His days left on this earth may be few according to doctors, so please join me in filling this thread with as much love, memories and kind words that you can pass along to Lou and his family who may be reading this. 

It goes without saying, that Lou, who has been on AngelsWin.com for nearly two decades has been the top contributor and supporter, but even more so a dear friend. 

Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 1.53.55 PM.png

While I've known for sometime now and have been praying for a cure for his cancer, sometimes the answer in prayer is NO because God has a better plan, and maybe he just wants Lou (who is a believer) home to be with him in eternity. 

I would also like to add that I've grown to know @WicketMaiden more through our private messaging here, and he's been an amazing friend to Lou throughout his entire battle. Wicket got Lou into Cricket over a year ago and while Lou was in the hospital over the past several weeks they would watch the games together and comment during the games as a healthy distraction. 

Please join me in sending as much prayer for strength, peace & comfort and love to Lou as you can. 🙏

Wow.  Lou was the perpetual sarcasm on guy.  Feel like I’m being abandoned.  He’s ready to fact check and give people hell in GodWins.com.