• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Remembering an AngelsWin.com Legend - Lou (IEBRUIN)

large.gallery_4_4_116204.jpg.2514cea4375e978a69609ff28553102a.jpg

It crushingly pains me to write this to you all but I've been given his blessing to share that our good friend that we've all known as @Lou (and IEBRUIN) has battling cancer for a while now, but it has taken a turn for the worse so he has been placed into hospice care. 

His days left on this earth may be few according to doctors, so please join me in filling this thread with as much love, memories and kind words that you can pass along to Lou and his family who may be reading this. 

It goes without saying, that Lou, who has been on AngelsWin.com for nearly two decades has been the top contributor and supporter, but even more so a dear friend. 

Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 1.53.55 PM.png

While I've known for sometime now and have been praying for a cure for his cancer, sometimes the answer in prayer is NO because God has a better plan, and maybe he just wants Lou (who is a believer) home to be with him in eternity. 

I would also like to add that I've grown to know @WicketMaiden more through our private messaging here, and he's been an amazing friend to Lou throughout his entire battle. Wicket got Lou into Cricket over a year ago and while Lou was in the hospital over the past several weeks they would watch the games together and comment during the games as a healthy distraction. 

Please join me in sending as much prayer for strength, peace & comfort and love to Lou as you can. 🙏

Oh man, that is truly saddening to hear. IEBruin has been a staple on here for the 15-20 years or so I've been a member, dating back to the old forums. From his "I agree"'s to the one word "Bruin" comments, he has made me laugh many a time and has always been a much appreciated poster.

As someone who has lost multiple family members to cancer, it is truly a bitch but I can imagine his sense of humor never wavered. Wish him and his family all the best, peace, and love. 

That's just devastating news.  Lou is easily one of my favorite posters.  I've also enjoyed his short, but to the point posts and his no nonsense attitude.  I don't pay much attention to who likes my posts, etc., but I always smile when I get a "like" from Lou. 

I'm incredibly sorry to hear this news and I've noticed his lack of participation of late.  I kept checking his profile and saw he was reacting to posts, but not really posting and I wondered.  I thought about reaching out, but didn't because I thought he'd pick up his activity any day now...

I will pray for Lou and for his family.

I've never met Lou, but I feel like I know him a little.  Just a little. I feel like I know enough to know he is a good guy.  I'm honestly very saddened by this news.

Crushing news at it always is with this nasty disease.  Wishing you all the best Lou. You’re one of my favorites here.  Your wit, humor and sarcasm are unmatched.  Fuck cancer and USC.  Isn’t the same without you here, but praying for peace and painless days for you!

1 minute ago, T.G. said:

That's just devastating news.  Lou is easily one of my favorite posters.  I've also enjoyed his short, but to the point posts and his no nonsense attitude.  I don't pay much attention to who likes my posts, etc., but I always smile when I get a "like" from Lou. 

I'm incredibly sorry to her this news and I've noticed his lack of participation of late.  I kept checking his profile and saw he was reacting to posts, but not really posting and I wondered.  I thought about reaching out, but didn't because I thought he'd pick up his activity any day now...

I will pray for Lou and for his family.

I've never met Lou, but I feel like I know him a little.  Just a little. I feel like I know enough to know he is a good guy.  I'm honestly very saddened by this news.

You could not have said it any better than that, I don't post a lot but it too used to give me a kick when he liked my post.Cancer is just a bitch and it touches everyone someway. This news just made this day worse than it was.

Damn. Very sad to hear this, though I was kind of expecting it.

Lou is easily one of the best posters to ever sign up on this site and in the more than a decade I’ve spent on here there has been no better contributor.

As often as we’ve spared over the years I can honestly say I always appreciated his perspective. Despite his self styled persona there is truly no better “A-Hole.”

I will give cricket a shot in your honor my friend. Here’s to hoping you meet that cheerleader from your avatar in heaven. Love you Lou,

-Erik