• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Remembering an AngelsWin.com Legend - Lou (IEBRUIN)

@Louas I said to you the other day, you are one of the best people on this board, my friend.  Your knowledge of college football, everything UCLA, betting, and especially Angels baseball is second to none.  It’s such an honor to call you a friend, Adriane and I send our love and prayers, and be strong brother.

I've already posted once in this thread, but I will probably continue to post every time I have another thought about Lou...

No one has made me LOL on this site more than Lou. I remember a particular post of his... it was in a game thread and the Angels lost a big lead and he appeared out of no where and simply posted... "What did you guys do?"  It was classic Lou and it was perfect. Others have tried to replicate that, but he was the original. He made it work.

There were countless times when I went to post a thought and Lou had beat me to it and posted the same thing I wanted to. 

His posts told me that he had his priorities straight. That's for sure.

And no one could get more out of a post with one word than Lou.  If Lou called you a "dumbass" I hope wore that badge with honor.

Any forum is only as good as the people who contribute. Especially the dedicated 'regulars' who endure through good and bad times. I've learned a lot from Lou about  Angel history and respect his observations. 

Tough break. Sorry for this turn. I and my family have been through some serious medical crises too in the last few years. Very draining emotionally.  If possible try and get to serene state of mind and realize that there is a bigger reality, and that we all have our parts in the unfolding of some inscrutable plan. There is a 'peace that passeth understanding' to use a traditional phrase. 

My obligatory statement whenever I hear of someone I know or interact with has been diagnosed: Fuck cancer!

I’ve said that since my dad went through (and luckily survived) his fight.

I am not a religious man (in fact, I have a severe dislike of organized religion), but I wish Lou all the best and hope he has as little suffering as possible. And I know what hospice care usually means…Godspeed, @Lou

Edited by Mark68

I really don’t have the words right now to express how awful this is.  @Lou is  easily my favorite poster on here when it comes to wit and simplicity with his posts.  When he quotes your post, you almost knew for certain that he disagreed with it and you were about to feel stupid. I fucking hate this so much.  When I have more time to process this turn for the worse I will try to contribute more to this thread. Love you @Lou.