• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Remembering an AngelsWin.com Legend - Lou (IEBRUIN)

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Keep scrolling through this thread, waiting for Lou to pop up out of nowhere and say something hilarious in one perfectly timed sentence.

Gonna miss the comedy between him and @tdawg87, "with all due respect". Always liked that bit.

And his always famous…”I’m a maybe”

dammit.

4 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Keep scrolling through this thread, waiting for Lou to pop up out of nowhere and say something hilarious in one perfectly timed sentence.

Gonna miss the comedy between him and @tdawg87, "with all due respect". Always liked that bit.

I agree

Ah man, just saw this. LOU has been a stalwart poster here for two decades. Heck, I think he goes back to the ESPN board days and that's a long time ago.  I met him at a couple of the functions/ game events that Chuck and the folks who make this Board happen day. after day, year. after year - organized.   My prayers are there for LOU.    May the Angels welcome him. - he's been a faithful servant -- and just a great person on this board.

Chuck -- thanks for letting us know -- my next door neighbor - a dear friend of mine for more than two decades is battling cancer -- it truly sucks.      LOU - you've been a positive force here with witty insightful posts -- heck - you disagreed with me more than half the time so it just shows you know your stuff!!!  My thoughts are with you.

On 8/3/2023 at 2:44 PM, Chuckster70 said:

There are so many lessons to be learned from Lou. I plan on compiling a bunch of them in the coming days and creating a separate thread/blog post with them all in there. 

CHUCK - please do that.  If you can get his obit link posted - I would appreciate reading that.

3 minutes ago, drpiranha said:

I am a diehard Angel and UCLA fan. They are the only teams I follow. I'm sorry to have joined Angelswin so late that I didn't have the opportunity to interact with Lou. We could have had some great conversations. My heart goes out to his many many friends and family. RIP.

Same here (user name makes it obvious). Lou was far and away the most clever person on this board. Amazing what he could do with a 3 word response or resurrection of a 3 year old thread. Rest in peace Lou. 

@stpat373that was such an awesome post.  Thank you so much for that.  Your brother was iconic here, and like you mentioned, wasn’t shy about calling anyone here a “dumbass.”

Please stay aboard, and by all means, please keep us posted on if/when services will be done, if they aren’t private.

Thank you again Patrick.  

• Chuck changed the title to Remembering an AngelsWin.com Legend - Lou (IEBRUIN)