• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Remembering an AngelsWin.com Legend - Lou (IEBRUIN)

2 hours ago, Tank said:

I read through several of my PM conversations with Lou last night. I'm going to miss having more of those.

I did the same yesterday @Tank.  So many conversations about college football.  I loved going back and reading all of them.  This college football season won’t be the same.  I know how much he wanted to see UCLA in the Big 10.

31 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

I did the same yesterday @Tank.  So many conversations about college football.  I loved going back and reading all of them.  This college football season won’t be the same.  I know how much he wanted to see UCLA in the Big 10.

Hey, @PattyD22,  Lou got me into CFB over the past couple of years, we used to PM during games too. I had my first big Bruins almost-but-not-quite season last year. I'll be cheering for them again this year. Feel free to PM me on game days, mate. You can call me a dumbass when I talk nonsense, too.

11 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Hey, @PattyD22,  Lou got me into CFB over the past couple of years, we used to PM during games too. I had my first big Bruins almost-but-not-quite season last year. I'll be cheering for them again this year. Feel free to PM me on game days, mate. You can call me a dumbass when I talk nonsense, too.

I will, buddy.  For sure.  And I’d never call you a dumbass.  

Maybe a numpty though.

Edited by PattyD22

@Spirit and I gave a toast to Lou and Brandon at the end of our podcast tonight which will be uploaded soon. 

That said, I'd love to create a zoom for Tuesday late afternoon/early evening for all who can join to share some stories about Lou and Brandon and give a proper toast among the brethren to two of our lost friends. 

Please PM me if you can join. 

I hadn't logged in, or posted in a while, and saw the double dose of bad news. The most ironic thing though, was after Tank sent me a PM welcoming me back, I looked back, and the last PM I had was a couple years ago from Lou, helping me deal with an issue I was having with another poster. He was a voice of reason then, and always, when needed. 

Edited by NJHalo

On 8/3/2023 at 3:50 PM, Crampknees said:

Lou had done one of the funniest things to me ever here.  I had posted something, he edited and changed some wording, then I ran around trying to figure out why I said that.  

I didn't want to say anything but as good a time as any, I have just recently joined the C club. I recently had a tumor removed and by all intent purposes it was a cut it out and you should be ok but the pathology came back with 2 growing in one.  A yay and a nay.  The nay is very aggressive.  Lot of gears shifting in my head right now. 

Hey, cramp - My thoughts are with you.  Hang in there, buddy.  You have our support.

This has easily been the most frustrating season for me as an Angel fan.  Compounding that frustration was the loss of Lou.  Although i don't believe I ever met him face to face, I respected his knowledge of Angel baseball and learned a lot from him.

What impressed me most was his overall knowledge of sports.  I remember when the board began posting comments in memorial of my father.  I was so impressed of not only his knowledge of basketball, but he knew things about his Long Beach State tenure.  Things that the average fan would not no.  

I will miss our discussions.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to have missed the. ZOOM Wake for Lou.  

I am very pleased to see that so many above were able to partake.

I was one of the posters who actually met LOU several times -- at some of the earlier Angelswin.com functions including the year Chuck was able to get Arte Moreno to talk to us at a private session at Tempe Diablo Stadium

the post from Lou's brother was heartfelt ( I was going to say 'touching but I knew exactly LOU's expected response to that )!  LOU was always fun.  I've been somewhat away from posting here - it's been a tough season, I've been busy- ah- a. thousand excuses.  But I will always remember the jovial fun loving LOU, a guy who's attitude and sprit is representative of the good folks on this board -- only LOU was able to post stuff that was  just a bit better and a lot more funnier than the stuff the rest of post/ posted.

I have info on the funeral/service.

Out of respect for the family I don't want to post addresses, etc for those interested you can reach out to me for details.

It will Friday, Sep 8 in Montclair and Ontario CA.
There will be a Mass at 10am, Interment at 11:30am and then reception at his brother's house.

One thing I love, his brother said "Also to note, we are in favor of nobody wearing black, but rather, as Lou would prefer, wear your favorite sports team jersey if you want. (Lou would obviously prefer the Halos or UCLA gear)"

@Chuckster70, it's your site so none of my business, but...

I think something for @Lou on the banner would be appropriate 

Lou was AW.... IMO, he was a bigger part of AW than the actual team.. we should do something permanent for everyone who comes aboard in the future to take note of...