• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Shohei Ohtani Trade Return Thread (if the Angels trade him)

Chuck

First off, disclaimer. I don't want the Angels to trade Ohtani and I hope and pray the club can extend him prior to him hitting free agency. 

That said, if he's all but gone and has told the Angels that before the trade deadline based on their status in the standings, you have to trade him.

If you were to trade him, let's use this thread to see YOUR trade packages.

Now, I don't need anyone telling me or anyone else if the trade would or would not happen based on what you're asking for, none of us are GM's. None of us know what a team would or would not give up for the two-way superstar, generational talent in Ohtani. Have a little fun with this guys! 

So with that, here's my trade package and it's to the Cincinnati Reds. (I have a Baltimore Orioles trade that I'll post later).  

Reds send the Angels: Christian Encarnacion-Strand, Andrew Abbott, Connor Phillips, Carlos Jorge & Will Benson.

Angels send the Reds: Shohei Ohtani, Jaime Barria and Hunter Renfroe. 

Go! 

I love that reds trade package.

Here is my trade idea:

Orioles Get: Shohei Ohtani, Chris Devenski and Jaime Barria

Angels Get: Colton Cowser (#2 prospect), Heston Kjerstad (#4 prospect) (# Coby Mayo (#7 prospect), Cade Povich (#11 prospect) and Seth Johnson (#14 prospect)

2 minutes ago, Fullmer17 said:

I love that reds trade package.

Here is my trade idea:

Orioles Get: Shohei Ohtani, Chris Devenski and Jaime Barria

Angels Get: Colton Cowser (#2 prospect), Heston Kjerstad (#4 prospect) (# Coby Mayo (#7 prospect), Cade Povich (#11 prospect) and Seth Johnson (#14 prospect)

You could MAYBE get one of those first three plus the last two...if the Orioles were desperate.

Call me a Debbie Downer or whatever, but I am still not sure the haul for an Ohtani deal is gonna be anywhere near what people are expecting.  Chuck's Reds deal is probably the absolute max they'd get, if teams got into a bidding war.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

You could MAYBE get one of those first three plus the last two...if the Orioles were desperate.

Call me a Debbie Downer or whatever, but I am still not sure the haul for an Ohtani deal is gonna be anywhere near what people are expecting.  Chuck's Reds deal is probably the absolute max they'd get, if teams got into a bidding war.

I tend to agree, but I have a feeling if he’s actually available there will be a couple teams who offer a significant trade proposal. I think Atlanta would be one of those teams too.

1 minute ago, Hubs said:

I agree with @Stradling. It's not gonna be a huge package like either the Reds or the Orioles one cuz they know they aren't signing him long term. I would say Jonathan India would likely come back in any Reds trade. 

You may be right but we just don't know what a return might be because there has never been an Ohtani on the trade market in July before....

29 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Now, I don't need anyone telling me or anyone else if the trade would or would not happen based on what you're asking for, none of us are GM's. None of us know what a team would or would not give up for the two-way superstar, generational talent in Ohtani. Have a little fun with this guys! 

@Stradling Again, have a little fun with this. Let's see your trade package. 

You can argue with me and others all you want, but I think you're getting a haul for Ohtani, even if he's a rental. None of the guys in the Reds trade package I put together are higher than their 5th best prospect in their org.

The Reds and Orioles have the type of current roster and farm system to sustain the loss for two months of having Ohtani give them a damn good chance at winning the World Series, all the while filling the seats in their respective stadiums. 

I wouldn't trade him to the Yankees or Dodgers, even if they have the best prospect hauls you are gonna get, because you want to bring him back to Anaheim.

Personally, I would say the next two months are worth more than whatever prospects you'll get back.

1 minute ago, Hubs said:

I wouldn't trade him to the Yankees or Dodgers, even if they have the best prospect hauls you are gonna get, because you want to bring him back to Anaheim.

Personally, I would say the next two months are worth more than whatever prospects you'll get back.

You take the best package. Period. This franchise has floundered for a decade...if we trade him, we need all the parts we can get....

1 minute ago, DMVol said:

You take the best package. Period. This franchise has floundered for a decade...if we trade him, we need all the parts we can get....

You send him to one of those two teams, he's not coming back. You send him to the Reds or Orioles or Giants, and there's a chance he comes back.

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Trading for India to take 2B could then move Drury to 1B through 2024 while Schanuel gets ready.

Have Drury work a lot on the 1B defense in the off-season.

India and one of the higher prospects that Chuck mentioned for Ohtani?

I'd rather have Matt McLain over Jonathan India

I agree with those who say your not getting the moon... to a point.
I think we could get more than they do, but not by miles.
I thnik you could get a good recent call up type guy, and a solid prospect.
Lets be honest there are not a lot of teams that can afford him, and fewer of those in the hunt... the Dodgers are the obvious choice and they have the parts to make that happen without it being a tremendous loss to them
You get a package that might include on of their younger pitchers like Miller, one of the top kids like Pages or Busch... thats realistic.  They also seem to need MiF help toss in Rengifo to help bridge that gap and maybe get slightly better back. 

I don't see any way Arte and his ego allows Perry to trade him.  

Having said that, if they did, i think the offers will be higher than what some think.  Not only because Ohtani is so unique and could put a team over the top for winning the WS this year.  Rather, a team that wants to sign him this off-season would now have the HUGE advantage of selling their team/organization to Ohtani for the next 3-4 months exclusively and way more in depth than will happen when free agency starts.  This is especially helpful to a team that may be considered on the outside due to their location (e.g., East coast teams like NYY, etc.).  That is something we've never really seen before (not at this level and uniqueness with him being from Japan) and could make a team give up an extra to get him.

Just now, Hubs said:

You send him to one of those two teams, he's not coming back. You send him to the Reds or Orioles or Giants, and there's a chance he comes back.

I may be wrong but I don't think the O's, Rays or Reds are going to be in the picture....Giants? Dunno.....you'll probably be dealing with the Yanks, Dodgers, M's....you swallow your pride and deal with them for the sake of the franchise....

Without any assurances that he's going to sign an extension, teams may be hesitant to pay at the deadline. But it would give teams the inside track at showing him how things are run in their organization, the excitement of playoff baseball and making a pitch to keep him before anyone else does. So in that respect, you have to figure teams will pony up for his services. 

I want the Angels to trade Ohtani and rebuild the farm system and reload for another run at contention soon. The top prospect list would be so much more fun to create too when the infusion of tangent from the deadline and the draft. 

As for who....I honestly have no idea. The Dodgers have some pretty decent prospects and the money to extend him, but I don't think Arte gives the green light on any such deal with the crosstown rivals. Same with Texas and Houston being in the same division. Atlanta's system is bare because they've promoted so much talent, so I don't think that happens. The Padres are both buying and selling in preparation for a stretch run and for 2024, so I'm not sure Ohtani is in the cards for them.

I'm thinking, the Orioles, Yankees, Giants and D-Backs would be uniquely situated to trade for him. 

Orioles: Heston Kjerstad and DL Hall.

Yankees: Drew Thorpe and Brando Mayea.

Giants: Not really sure. Not much talent outside of Carson Wisenhunt that I really like and falls within the price range. 

D-Backs: Druw Jones and Ivan Melendez.

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'd rather have Matt McLain over Jonathan India

Yes of course, but they would more likely include 4 years of India than 5 or 6 Years of McClain. 

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

Without any assurances that he's going to sign an extension, teams may be hesitant to pay at the deadline. But it would give teams the inside track at showing him how things are run in their organization, the excitement of playoff baseball and making a pitch to keep him before anyone else does. So in that respect, you have to figure teams will pony up for his services. 

I want the Angels to trade Ohtani and rebuild the farm system and reload for another run at contention soon. The top prospect list would be so much more fun to create too when the infusion of tangent from the deadline and the draft. 

As for who....I honestly have no idea. The Dodgers have some pretty decent prospects and the money to extend him, but I don't think Arte gives the green light on any such deal with the crosstown rivals. Same with Texas and Houston being in the same division. Atlanta's system is bare because they've promoted so much talent, so I don't think that happens. The Padres are both buying and selling in preparation for a stretch run and for 2024, so I'm not sure Ohtani is in the cards for them.

I'm thinking, the Orioles, Yankees, Giants and D-Backs would be uniquely situated to trade for him. 

Orioles: Heston Kjerstad and DL Hall.

Yankees: Drew Thorpe and Brando Mayea.

Giants: Not really sure. Not much talent outside of Carson Wisenhunt that I really like and falls within the price range. 

D-Backs: Druw Jones and Ivan Melendez.

Dodgers would beat any prospect package here..... Pages, Cartaya, Pepiot, and another prospect?

And No Offense meant, but you're a prospect nerd. You might like prospects and potential better than current Angels players and current Angels success. There's nothing wrong with that...So are Jared Tims and his depressingly negative podcast partner. Even @taylorblakeward can be like that....I like prospects too, but they only pan out like of the 1/3 time. So you'd be getting one legit player back in a three player package. 

I just dont see the immense return that trading Ohtani is gonna bring. And I think if you move him, you can forget about resigning him in the offseason. That almost never happens.

6 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I may be wrong but I don't think the O's, Rays or Reds are going to be in the picture....Giants? Dunno.....you'll probably be dealing with the Yanks, Dodgers, M's....you swallow your pride and deal with them for the sake of the franchise....

I just dont think the package is gonna be that earth shattering Juan Soto package. Not midseason before his free agent walk year. Think about what the Angels gave up for a rental in Texieria...and add 50%. 

32 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

For the first time in a very long time, the Orioles could actually do something this year. Especially in that division, so it’s not unthinkable that they would overpay to get someone like Ohtani that could get them over the bump.

Saw few packages on bleachers report. One from Dodgers Michael Busch, Mick Fasso, Andy Pages, Nick Nastrini and Josue De Paula                                                                                                                                                       Yankees Anthony Volpe, Jason Dominguez and Spencer Jones                                                                                                                                                                                           Texas   Evan Carter, Luisangel Acuna and Brock Porter                                                                                                                                                                                                       Giants   Kyle Harrison, Marco Luciano and Carson Whisenhunt                                                                                                                                                                                            Tampa  Junior Caminero, Kyle Manzardo and Santiago Suarez