• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Shohei Ohtani Trade Return Thread (if the Angels trade him)

Chuck

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

I think one way or another it is going to be the Dodgers. They've got a bunch of solid prospects - no great ones, but (according to Fangraphs) two 55, four 50, two 45+, and seven 45.

I could see them offering a 55, 50, 45+, 45 package. Gotta take that, considering.

The Dodgers are definitely the best option in terms of potential returns.

But would Arte trade him there? It's gonna be hard enough convincing him to trade Ohtani. And once he does, is he really going to send him to the Dodgers?

24 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Premium arm, a good prospect at a premium position (SS,C,CF), a couple projects. 

This has not been your opinion since all this trade talk has started.

Your opinion has been, amongst others that it will be a very minimal return for Ohtani.

Before you get combative Strad I'm not going to dredge up all your posts regarding this topic.

Your above mentioned return doesn't sound to bad in lieu of a comp pick.

10 minutes ago, REDneck said:

This has not been your opinion since all this trade talk has started.

Your opinion has been, amongst others that it will be a very minimal return for Ohtani.

Before you get combative Strad I'm not going to dredge up all your posts regarding this topic.

Your above mentioned return doesn't sound to bad in lieu of a comp pick.

I still believe that. The premium arm could be in low A, or think along the lines of Bachman, Soriano, CRod, but more projectable to be a starter. 

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I still believe that. The premium arm could be in low A, or think along the lines of Bachman, Soriano, CRod, but more projectable to be a starter. 

So is the other "good prospect" in sixth grade as well? I mean how far are you projecting when you say "premium"?

On 7/14/2023 at 12:45 PM, Chuckster70 said:

First off, disclaimer. I don't want the Angels to trade Ohtani and I hope and pray the club can extend him prior to him hitting free agency. 

That said, if he's all but gone and has told the Angels that before the trade deadline based on their status in the standings, you have to trade him.

If you were to trade him, let's use this thread to see YOUR trade packages.

Now, I don't need anyone telling me or anyone else if the trade would or would not happen based on what you're asking for, none of us are GM's. None of us know what a team would or would not give up for the two-way superstar, generational talent in Ohtani. Have a little fun with this guys! 

So with that, here's my trade package and it's to the Cincinnati Reds. (I have a Baltimore Orioles trade that I'll post later).  

Reds send the Angels: Christian Encarnacion-Strand, Andrew Abbott, Connor Phillips, Carlos Jorge & Will Benson.

Angels send the Reds: Shohei Ohtani, Jaime Barria and Hunter Renfroe. 

Go! 

I still really hope the Angels and Reds can strike a deal for something close to what I proposed. 

Shohei Ohtani is all but gone IMO. 

Maybe swap out Barria for Tyler Anderson to the Reds.

I also like what the Orioles, D-Backs and Dodgers could offer, but would really hate to see Ohtani dealt to the Dogs. 

22 hours ago, Stradling said:

Premium arm, a good prospect at a premium position (SS,C,CF), a couple projects. 

Sounds about right

I saw Jared Tims posted something on BTV -

image.thumb.png.55575acf900b4e422c360ba91426cf8e.png

Would swap out Stone for Busch, but something like this would seem about right - likely mid-rotation SP (Nastrini), MOTO LHH (Busch), possible replacement for Renfroe (Ramos), and a possible decent LHH 2B.  Something like this would seem to be about right, in terms of expected return.

Just now, Warfarin said:

Sounds about right

Would swap out Stone for Busch, but something like this would seem about right - likely mid-rotation SP (Nastrini), MOTO LHH (Busch), possible replacement for Renfroe (Ramos), and a possible decent LHH 2B.  Something like this would seem to be about right, in terms of expected return.

I'd replace Jorbit Vivas with Schmegendorfer Atlas or Blofurious Excovar, but otherwise, seems about right.

23 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Sounds about right

This is a completely inconsequential return but also about what we can expect. Also we should stay the hell away from trading with the Dodgers because they're adept at trading their overrated prospects (and Stone, Busch, Vargas, and Cartaya all fall in that category)

Just now, Angelsjunky said:

LOL, you just can't help yourself be the moral police of Angelswin.

I guess not, or I have a high opinion of you from interacting with you for almost 20 years.  I have seen pictures on twitter suggesting he didn’t celebrate, which obviously isn’t true.  

17 minutes ago, Stradling said:

AJ is one of the most respected people on here.  I look forward to reading his posts. 

So do I….same with your posts…I just thing you sometimes get a little preachy…doesn’t mean I don”t enjoy most of your posts, they are usually pretty thoughtful…