• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A little optimism…

I’m tired of reading about Ohtani trades and how shit the Angels are… 

As horrible as the second half ended the season isn’t completely dead in the water, but they definitely need to jump out at the start of the second half playing some good ball. 

Also, we are getting Drury and Neto back right at the start of the homestand and Matt Moore should be activated any day now, as well. We all know the kind of spark Neto can provide to the team. Adell has hit well in a small sample size and if he can replace Trout’s production the offense may just survive. The rotation has the potential to turn on a dime and start pitching well. 

Maybe just maybe they have a wild card run left in them. Let’s put the injuries and the ugly ending to the first half to bed and march on to some meaningful September games. 

1 hour ago, TroutField said:

Also, we are getting Drury and Neto back right at the start of the homestand and Matt Moore should be activated any day now, as well. We all know the kind of spark Neto can provide to the team. Adell has hit well in a small sample size and if he can replace Trout’s production

Are we? I thought Drury was uncertain, Adell might’ve just pulled his oblique like Neto, and hadn’t seen any update that Moore and Neto were ready, only close.

Only optimism I have is that Shohei recognizes this team was doing good until injuries hit and that the youngsters are exciting enough to stick around and he buys into the future being better.

I think all the injuries took alot from the team and this break was probably a bright spot for them. we'll probably be getting neto, Rendon and Drury back to help the offense and the defensive. I think Moniak and Adell will be the key pieces for the next 20 or so games. 

This might be crazy, What I would consider moving Rendon up to the leadoff spot. His power isn't there but he's drawing walks. Put Othani in the 2-hole, could also help Rendon get more fastball. Than Ward at 3rd, I know I know, But he mostly like will end up the season with around 16-25 hrs, 250ish average and 320ish OBP, not ideal but stretches the line-up and he's done  better after that rough month.  4th I'd put Moniak, 5th Drury, 6th Adell, 7th Mike M 8th Thaiss 9th Neto. 

I think we might need to add another starter, at least a capable 3 to the rotation as the 3rd wildcard will all way be up for grab until game 162.  

29 minutes ago, Revad said:

We’re 45-46 so 71 games left.  To reach 88 wins we’d have to go 43-28, which looks intimidating but a ten game win streak changes that in a hurry.  Absolutely can not screw up this home stand.

When was the last 10+ game win streak from the Angels?