• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anthony Rendon is injury man *He’s on the IL*

He was slowly finding his groove at the plate, but more erratic in the field.

For all that he had an important place in the batting order.

If he's out again and keeps going through rehab and readjustment then he never will even get to the status of an everyday player. 

A shame that contract turned toxic. On paper, at the time it looked like the first half of it at least  would produce  above average two way production. Not equal to the salary but still decent.  Halfway through it looks like an unavoidable downhill slide. 

42 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

He was slowly finding his groove at the plate, but more erratic in the field.

For all that he had an important place in the batting order.

If he's out again and keeps going through rehab and readjustment then he never will even get to the status of an everyday player. 

A shame that contract turned toxic. On paper, at the time it looked like the first half of it at least  would produce  above average two way production. Not equal to the salary but still decent.  Halfway through it looks like an unavoidable downhill slide. 

Other than Vladdy, that's been the story with every big budget free agent hitter the Angels have signed over the last 40 years.

48 minutes ago, Chico said:

The frequency of this guy's injuries makes me wonder if he takes steroids. I hope they investigate this and if it's true, void his contract.

You are very stupid man not understanding that if he were found guilty of steroid useage, a first time offender only gets a slap on the wrist. 

1 hour ago, Ron Mexico said:

Wannabe tough guy but yet biggest pussy I have seen in all of sports.  

You really think it's smart to play through injuries, make them worse, and be lost for the season.  Injuries are a big part of this sport, I'd rather he be upfront about what is hindering his performance than become totally useless.  Hiding injuries serves no real purpose.  

People are acting so upset that Rendon is injured, yet is this not the exact reason why the Angels brought in both Urshela and Drury? 

The consensus was that while Rendon was healthy, he was a good player and judging by his performance so far, that's still accurate. 

Walsh and Rendon are out, and Fletch got DFA'd. This is EXACTLY why teams need as much depth as possible. The Angels starting infield is still pretty solid with Urshela at 3B, Neto at SS, Rengifo at 2B, and Drury at 1B. 

If it weren't for Minasian's foresight in this area, our starting infield would include Lamb at 1B and Livan Soto somewhere, and that option isn't even acceptable offensively at AAA. 

14 minutes ago, halonatic13 said:

Pujols anyone?

Pujols had injuries but by in large stayed on the field. He was productive the first few years of his deal but flattened out for the back half of the 10 years. Rendon just can’t stay healthy. I think Rendon’s contract is worse. Pujols took a lot of abuse because expectations were so high for him.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yea such a pussy he required surgery to fix those made up sissy injuries. 

I don’t think he’s on steroids or is a wimp. I think he is just breaking down. It happens to some athletes sooner than others. I’ve been inclined to cut him some slack, not assume too much with the hip and wrist and hope this could be a bounce back year. But if this is a significant injury (and it appears it might be), I think you just have to move forward and figure anything he gives you is gravy. Signing Urshela and Drury was wise. 

15 hours ago, Jason said:

When you ask a month or more do you mean the total from this injury or the sum of the injuries from the entire season?

A month or more for this injury alone. Have we even received an update? I'm not aware of any. It would be nice to know. Maybe it's nothing and we'll see him this week. 

4 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

A month or more for this injury alone. Have we even received an update? I'm not aware of any. It would be nice to know. Maybe it's nothing and we'll see him this week. 

Unable to move side to side didn’t sound good….but we’ll see…also sounds  like Soto is going to be activated so that could be an IL stint….