• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anthony Rendon is injury man *He’s on the IL*

1 hour ago, CaliAngel said:

I'm so sick of this guy. 

All they do on TV is rave about how great he is to be in the lineup, but realistically he doesn't do shit. 

He's erratic with his throws to first base, from what I've seen at the plate he's a slap hitter with barely any power. 

He’s been getting on base and putting some decent ABs together but you are correct. It appears he’s become a liability defensively and playing nowhere near the level that he signed a contract for. Oh well, it seems like we should be used to this by now 

49 minutes ago, budice0 said:

$38M/yr for the next 4 years.  And Arte's keeping the team.

😞

Not counting on it happening but there is a scenario where Rendon might just choose to retire before the contract is up. He doesn't like baseball and might just get bored enough to walk away from it so he can go be with his family and raise his kids

2 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

I'm so sick of this guy. 

All they do on TV is rave about how great he is to be in the lineup, but realistically he doesn't do shit. 

He's erratic with his throws to first base, from what I've seen at the plate he's a slap hitter with barely any power. 

You are mentally challenged. 

16 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

I'm so sick of this guy. 

He had lowest K rate, high OBP and average. I hate the way he throws ball to first base. 3 more years after this one so plenty of time to get healthy.

15 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

Not counting on it happening but there is a scenario where Rendon might just choose to retire before the contract is up. He doesn't like baseball and might just get bored enough to walk away from it so he can go be with his family and raise his kids

Wishful thinking. No way he's leaving that much money on the table.

Just sayin'....

~ArkyAngelsFan~

7 hours ago, nando714 said:

I’m sure the “r” word wants to play for a contender 

one can hope 

There an old joke about a married couple having a fight:  the man says I’m going to go out and find some new pussy and the woman says put another inch on your dick and you’ll find some new pussy right here.  Ohtani can win right here and he can play better than he has (I know he’s extraordinary).  He can take responsibility.  Rendon is old before his time.

15 hours ago, Skankhunt42 said:

The biggest issue with Rendon isn't his injuries or the contract, but the fact that he looks and acts like a complete douche. 

Not even close to true. His biggest issue in his injuries which then makes his contract the biggest issue.  If he was healthy he’d produce and while overpaid, it would be tolerable. 

9 hours ago, Stradling said:

Not even close to true. His biggest issue in his injuries which then makes his contract the biggest issue.  If he was healthy he’d produce and while overpaid, it would be tolerable. 

I agree 100%!

I do think his passive looks (unless he's going after a fan) and his nonchalant approach ( he's very Garrett Anderson like) is contributing to a maybe misconceived perception of him...combine those two things with his past performance and staying on the field and you're going to get a lot of hating.

At this point I think the hating is warranted,  but not because of his looks or behavior.

Edited by REDneck

On 5/17/2023 at 1:19 PM, Stradling said:

If he was healthy he’d produce and while overpaid, it would be tolerable. 

No clue how you could possibly make that predication.

The fact is he's overpaid, never healthy, barely produces, and is intolerably unreliable.