• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Walsh has completed treatment, starting rehab assignment this Friday with Salt Lake

5 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

A little confused, although glad that he’s back home

He had a strong spring.  

Was this just starting to affect him at the end of ST?

Or was he dealing with it throughout the spring, but it only became hard to work through at the end of ST?

@Jeff Fletcher

With all due respect and optimism….

Having dealt with a similar issue with a family member… 

I hope it’s as simple as it’s being reported and Walsh is back in the lineup soonest…

but on a personal level - this doesn’t seem like an easy fix… I hope I’m wrong….

• 3 weeks later...

Good article about Walsh that dives into more details on exactly what was going on with him:

Excerpts:

"It had been more than a full year of misery for Jared Walsh. A year that not only robbed him of the ability to play baseball at his highest level. But it was also a year that robbed him of sleep. It robbed him of his ability to simply move his body without tremors.

It robbed him of his depth perception. He’d walk into walls, unable to properly understand where his body was in relation to everything else.

Missing the first month of this baseball season is just one byproduct of his confounding ailment. This compromised the livelihood of an otherwise healthy 29-year-old professional athlete.

And so, at the end of spring training, Walsh’s mother, Lisa Walsh, found a facility in Utah that specialized in treating his symptoms. It would require him stepping away from the game, but that was worth it to get back his game, and his life.

“It’s been hell, to be completely honest with you,” Walsh said. “It’s been hell. Not knowing what’s going on. Not understanding what’s happening with my body. Being in the prime of my life. The prime of my career. And not being able to get answers, not being able to figure out why I can’t do basic tasks. It’s been pretty concerning for me.”

"His treatment program in Utah went from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. It was outpatient, and he stayed at a nearby hotel.

The course of action involved a lot of cardio training and vestibular balance work — basically just neurological training for what would otherwise be simple body movements. He did vision training and worked with “where my body is at in space.”

That is as simple as it sounds. But also as frustrating as anyone could imagine.

“Tough to go hit off the Astros when you can’t walk straight,” Walsh quipped.

The worst of his symptoms were — and are — his tremors. His body shook, and it still does at times. It’s uncomfortable, he said, given his age. Inexplicable.

The insomnia was hard on him and made it tough to play baseball on a daily basis. He’d wake up in the middle of the night and stay up for a while. That, coupled with travel to different time zones, was difficult. He sometimes uses an Oura Ring to measure his sleep."

I'm late to the game as far as his issues being Covid related.

Was he infected or vaccinated or both?

No I'm not trying to be political.

It has to really suck not to be able to do the most basic of things like putting one foot in front of the other and when you do you run into a wall.

Regardless of the cause of his infliction, I sincerely hope he makes a full recovery.

We all clown a lot about player injuries....this is legit!