• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: World Baseball Classic Championship - Japan vs USA

Chuck

3 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Ohtani was unhittable. But...let's face it, Trout isn't a big moment guy.

If you're Ohtani, do you really want to stay and play with Trout, who is comfortable being in a low-pressure environment, and Rendon, who just looks like he's playing the game in a rocking chair?  I want to see Ohtani play under the BIG lights, even if it.s not for us.  He's just too fun to watch!

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Ohtani was unhittable. But...let's face it, Trout isn't a big moment guy.

I somewhat agree @Angelsjunkybut how many big moments has Trout had?  One series against the Royals many years ago…

My opinion on Trout is the farther Trout goes in his career without stepping up or leading his team to a championship, he puts more pressure on himself to succeed.  Whenever he doesn’t, the pressure mounts.

Trout, like Ohtani, wants to win so bad.  Ohtani did.  Trout wallows.

1 minute ago, PattyD22 said:

I somewhat agree @Angelsjunkybut how many big moments has Trout had?  One series against the Royals many years ago…

My opinion on Trout is the farther Trout goes in his career without stepping up or leading his team to a championship, he puts more pressure on himself to succeed.  Whenever he doesn’t, the pressure mounts.

Trout, like Ohtani, wants to win so bad.  Ohtani did.  Trout wallows.

I thought of that too, while I was watching the at bat. And, of course, not many. But I'm talking about regular season. He just rarely seems to come through in those heroic moments. Most of his damage is in lower leverage situations. I haven't done the research, though, to verify whether the numbers support that impression.

10 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I thought of that too, while I was watching the at bat. And, of course, not many. But I'm talking about regular season. He just rarely seems to come through in those heroic moments. Most of his damage is in lower leverage situations. I haven't done the research, though, to verify whether the numbers support that impression.

Trout has been at the very bottom of the league in CLUTCH stats every year he's played but one.

11 hours ago, oldguy said:

If you're Ohtani, do you really want to stay and play with Trout, who is comfortable being in a low-pressure environment, and Rendon, who just looks like he's playing the game in a rocking chair?  I want to see Ohtani play under the BIG lights, even if it.s not for us.  He's just too fun to watch!

Or if front of ignorant fans. 

29 minutes ago, oldguy said:

Trout has been at the very bottom of the league in CLUTCH stats every year he's played but one.

If that was true then the league is very good in the clutch and it shouldn’t be called clutch. Here’s Trout’s career clutch stats: 

AC00BF83-9ABD-4091-A509-C23C6E771491.jpeg

His OPS late and close is .877 which compared to virtually everyone else is amazing. Compared to Trout who has a career OPS of 1000 it isn’t great. High leverage his OPS .989 and SLG is .562. So unless I’m reading this wrong, which is possible, he’s not near the bottom of the league every year.