• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte Moreno talks to NY Post

mmc

On 9/15/2022 at 3:30 PM, Chuckster70 said:

Gawd I can't stand Jon Heyman. I hope Ohtani absolutely rakes and kills it on the mound for the remainder of his starts and wins the MVP, just to see Jon Heyman shit himself on the MLB Network. 

On 8/1/2022 at 7:27 PM, Chuckster70 said:

I put a bee in Heyman's bonnet. 

6 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Qff939sA_400x400.jpg

What about this guy? He's been tweeting from the rooftops trying to get an interview with Arte. 

Good for Jon Heyman and the NY Post. 

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Everything you posted is true. While I dislike both reporters, I got to give kudos when it's due as Heyman was at least able to get an Arte Moreno interview and his thoughts about Ohtani. 

It would have been a much better "Exclusive interview" if he got him to talk more about why he didn't sell the team. 

21 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Qff939sA_400x400.jpg

What about this guy? He's been tweeting from the rooftops trying to get an interview with Arte. 

Good for Jon Heyman and the NY Post. 

Heyman got an interview because he was in Florida at the owners meetings.

Don’t go tooting Heyman’s horn too much. Basically all he asked about was Ohtani, and he ignored much more important topics.

He didn’t even ask Arte about his decision not to sell the team. That’s malpractice from a reporter.

Just now, Trendon said:

Don’t go tooting Heyman’s horn too much. Basically all he asked about was Ohtani, and he ignored much more important topics.

He didn’t even ask Arte about his decision not to sell the team. That’s malpractice from a reporter.

Maybe the topic was off-limits and he was told to get the interview it would just be about Ohtani.

4 minutes ago, Trendon said:

The most important topic is Ohtani. 

47 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Everything you posted is true. While I dislike both reporters, I got to give kudos when it's due as Heyman was at least able to get an Arte Moreno interview and his thoughts about Ohtani. 

It would have been a much better "Exclusive interview" if he got him to talk more about why he didn't sell the team. 

Exclusive interview = Heyman was hanging out when Arte was walking past and got him to answer two questions.

Probably.

For the record, I don't give a crap why Arte didn't sell. Would've preferred he did, but he didn't. Knowing why doesn't change anything. I'd maybe like to hear if sticking around means he's more committed to going all in and less micromanaging his GM'a decisions, but it still wouldn't change things. 

On the other hand, is he willing to do whatever it takes to bring in Ohtani? 100% yes. That is by far the most important question that needs answering from open Angels perspective, imo. 

And, fwiw, Heyman is a national reporter out of New York. The vast majority of his readers aren't going to care in the slightest why Arte stayed. For him - and for everyone else in baseball outside of Angels fans - Ohtani's future with the Angels is the only thing they will care about where the Angels are concerned.