• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte Moreno talks to NY Post

mmc

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

Heyman got an interview because he was in Florida at the owners meetings.

Don’t go tooting Heyman’s horn too much. Basically all he asked about was Ohtani, and he ignored much more important topics.

He didn’t even ask Arte about his decision not to sell the team. That’s malpractice from a reporter.

I’m not pumping Heyman up, but understand that Sam is at the ballpark all season long with Arte and has failed to get an interview with the owner. 

Arte could have refused comment to reporters at the owners meeting like he has with local reporters all season long. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

And that player is a big part of the team. 

and despite his enormous impact, we’ve seen that it takes more than that to build a good team.

Which is why Moreno’s decision to not sell the team (which means the amount spent on infrastructure isn’t changing) is more important than a single player.

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

Not this Angels fan.

Ohtani is more important than why Arte didn't sell.

So are you an Ohtani fan or an Angels fan?

Arte‘s decision to sell or not sell the team has a way bigger impact on the Angels than any Ohtani updates, which is why Arte not selling is more important than Ohtani.

28 minutes ago, Lou said:

You couldn't more wrong.

As great as Ohtani is, the owner of the team is more important to success.

As we’ve seen, the Angels still can’t win with Trout and Ohtani because the owner hasn’t invested enough in other aspects of the organization or gone over the luxury tax.

15 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I’m not pumping Heyman up, but understand that Sam is at the ballpark all season long with Arte and has failed to get an interview with the owner. 

Arte could have refused comment to reporters at the owners meeting like he has with local reporters all season long. 

He could’ve, but Fletch said on this very website that Arte has been warming up to the idea of speaking to the media.

Heyman was the first reporter to see Arte face-to-face since he’s begun to warm up to that idea.

10 minutes ago, Trendon said:

As great as Ohtani is, the owner of the team is more important to success.

As we’ve seen, the Angels still can’t win with Trout and Ohtani because the owner hasn’t invested enough in other aspects of the organization or gone over the luxury tax.

He gave his reason. He believes there is unfinished business and wants to see it through.

You stated that Angels fans care more about why he decided not to sell. The responses here have proven you to be incorrect. 

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

He gave his reason. He believes there is unfinished business and wants to see it through.

You stated that Angels fans care more about why he decided not to sell. The responses here have proven you to be incorrect. 

The responses from people who chose to respond.

We have no way of knowing, but if Heyman posted an article with an interview with Moreno that just discussed why he decided not to sell the team, I think there’d be more views and replies to the subsequent thread on this website than this subsequent thread.

Edited by Trendon

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

PRETICTION TIME, I say Ohtani does not sign with Angels. None of my predictions come to pass. Any day now Ohtani will sign with halos to keep my record in tack.

Sounds to me like your predicting that he’ll sign with the Angels.

15 minutes ago, Trendon said:

So are you an Ohtani fan or an Angels fan?

Arte‘s decision to sell or not sell the team has a way bigger impact on the Angels than any Ohtani updates, which is why Arte not selling is more important than Ohtani.

That is a really dumb question.

I am an Angels fan and I'll still be an Angels fan if Ohtani leaves and I'm an Angels fan regardless of the reason Arte didn't sell. 

1 minute ago, T.G. said:

That is a really dumb question.

I am an Angels fan and I'll still be an Angels fan if Ohtani leaves and I'm an Angels fan regardless of the reason Arte didn't sell. 

Maybe so, but my point still stands:

Arte‘s decision to sell or not sell the team has a way bigger impact on the Angels than any Ohtani updates, which is why Arte not selling is more important than an Ohtani “status” update.

Edited by Trendon

3 minutes ago, Trendon said:

The responses from people who chose to respond.

We have no way of knowing, but if Heyman posted an article with an interview with Moreno that just discussed why he decided not to sell the team, I think there’d be more views and replies to the subsequent thread on this website than this subsequent thread.

He gave his reason.