• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte Moreno talks to NY Post

mmc

15 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Caught a clip of Flipping Bats recently with Ben Verlander and Alex Curry where they were talking about the Angels. She was talking a bit about Arte in regards to how he doesn't say much publicly and she commented that Arte isn't very comfortable doing public speaking. I'd imagine that's why he avoids interviews: Because he's concerned about how he'll come across. He'd rather say nothing and let windbags like Blum whine about it all day and the rest of us speculate what he's thinking, apparently. Personally, I don't think he has to say anything. He's a billionaire. If he wants to say nothing, there's nothing in the owner regulations that require a hardball interview every year - or any public comments at all. Obviously we'd all prefer to hear from him, but at this point it's pretty obvious he has little interest in doing that. 

That is one reason I do not post much. The way I come across to AW members. Obviously, some would prefer I do not post at all. 

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

This organization has done almost everything wrong over the past 15 years and there has only been one constant throughout that time...

Arte wont speak to the media because he is ashamed. Perhaps his decision to break his seal of silence to John Hymen symbolizes an expectation to have less shame going forward. Fingers crossed, but don't hold your breath!

It's a pride thing for him. Same reason he suddenly decided to keep the team. He couldn't bear someone else taking the team from him and turning it into a success. Would be a huge hit on his ego. So he'd rather go down with the sinking ship than hand the wheel over to a more competent captain.

23 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Caught a clip of Flipping Bats recently with Ben Verlander and Alex Curry where they were talking about the Angels. She was talking a bit about Arte in regards to how he doesn't say much publicly and she commented that Arte isn't very comfortable doing public speaking. I'd imagine that's why he avoids interviews: Because he's concerned about how he'll come across. He'd rather say nothing and let windbags like Blum whine about it all day and the rest of us speculate what he's thinking, apparently. Personally, I don't think he has to say anything. He's a billionaire. If he wants to say nothing, there's nothing in the owner regulations that require a hardball interview every year - or any public comments at all. Obviously we'd all prefer to hear from him, but at this point it's pretty obvious he has little interest in doing that. 

He seemed pretty comfortable here.

Spoiler

Eh6e9EvVkAAkGAM.jpg

27 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

If Arte doesn’t want to talk, that’s obviously his choice.

But if that’s the case, he should at least make Carpino available to the media.

Perry has to answer baseball questions, but he can’t really answer the bigger picture/non-baseball related questions.

As it stands today Arte’s stewardship of the Angels is tilting towards being pretty bad.  That’s really something when considering the first decade.  Personally.  I don’t care at all about people ragging him.  How about stop having 5000 concurrent story lines about how you and your team suck at everything.  Then maybe it wouldn’t be like this.  Anyway. Springs anew and all that.  They’ll have a chance to stop being gigantic losers here in a month and half or so.  

also.  I devote way more time and money to these losers then they deserve so what does that make me?  What does that make all of us? 

yes.

lol. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Yea that’s pretty dumb. 

I’m speculating of course, but keeping the team may be partially about his legacy as the first Latino owner in MLB.  He’s communicating whether he wants to or not.  At least have someone speaking for him.

On 2/12/2023 at 2:10 PM, UndertheHalo said:

As it stands today Arte’s stewardship of the Angels is tilting towards being pretty bad.  That’s really something when considering the first decade. 

And that's pretty mindblowing. 

It's literally been night and day. We went from a decade of doing everything right, to everything wrong.

And the everything wrong decade included signing Pujols, the best player in the game. To play with Trout, he turned into the best player in the game. Then on to Ohtani, who's become the best player in the game.

It's crazy.