• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte Moreno talks to NY Post

mmc

44 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Maybe so, but my point still stands:

Arte‘s decision to sell or not sell the team has a way bigger impact on the Angels than any Ohtani updates, which is why Arte not selling is more important than an Ohtani “status” update.

Heyman didn't ask the question you wanted. It's not a big deal, but you're trying to make it so.

8 minutes ago, Lou said:

"I want to win a World Series" 

Pretty simple. 

The latest Locked on Angels is about what Ohtani has and hasn’t said, and how the press here seems to interpret things differently than a Japanese person would.  I thought it was well done.

There’s no real way to know why Arte decided not to sell.  I think Chuck went little birdy on us plus someone else chimed in that they’d heard it also.  But the regular local press (Jeff and Sam) aren’t saying exactly.  Without all the information it’s easy to misunderstand.  Just like I hope we’re misunderstanding the things Otahni said.

5 hours ago, Trendon said:

Team > Player

Arte’s decision to not sell the team is way more important to the team than any Ohtani update.

not in this case. angel fans definitely care more about ohtani's future. i guarantee the vast overwhelming majority would take a deal where ohtani signs long term with the angels, but arte keeps the team over an arte sells and ohtani leaves deal.

It's a stock answer either way.  

We would like keep Ohtani because he's rad

I want to see the team win a WS because it would be rad.  

All I can say is that the Angels better have some internal indication that they might be able to sign Ohtani before he hits free agency because Cohen will take the highest big and add 100m to get him.  

“We’re in the entertainment business. We want fans to be able to come to the ballpark and have a great experience.”

and this is still one of his primary narratives.  

You know what I'd love to have heard Arte talk about?  His take on drafting/intl signings and development.  Scouting and how to build the team for sustained success.  

8 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

“We’re in the entertainment business. We want fans to be able to come to the ballpark and have a great experience.”

and this is still one of his primary narratives.  

You know what I'd love to have heard Arte talk about?  His take on drafting/intl signings and development.  Scouting and how to build the team for sustained success.  

He wasn't asked about that.

He did say they need to do a better job of winning on the field.

I'm sure there are lots of things we'd like to ask Arte. I just took the article for what it is...  it's not a big deal.

50 minutes ago, T.G. said:

He wasn't asked about that.

He did say they need to do a better job of winning on the field.

I'm sure there are lots of things we'd like to ask Arte. I just took the article for what it is...  it's not a big deal.

It’s only a big deal because he hasn’t been talking to the press, I agree this is a nothing burger.  As far as playing better on the field, as others have stated, best way to do that is fund the entire organization.

10 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

It doesn’t help when the interviewer doesn’t care about that and didn’t bother asking questions related to that.

10 hours ago, Blarg said:

I wonder what Ohtani's value would be if he bombs this season. Not that it would happen but if it did, he couldn't pull out of a hitting slump, couldn't control his fastball. Would the press still be talking 10 year $400 million dollar contracts or turn on him and call him a bust? 

He probably just signs a $300M+ deal with opt outs very early in the deal.