• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do you think we're done...

Torridd

1 minute ago, Docwaukee said:

I would take Brujan in a hot second.  

Bachman for Brujan.  

I would take Brujan over pretty much everyone available via trade and over the top 4 in free agency. Money is being thrown around irresponsibly, and I think Brujan is going to be a solid leadoff type. 

My big concern with him is that he isn't much of a shortstop defensively. He's good at 2B, but if we want a player of his ilk, we can just keep Rengifo.

Also, no way Tampa Bay deals a four time top 100 prospect for Sam Bachman and his 92 mph heater.

22 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Good young player out of options from Tampa. 

Horrible deal for halos. Baez contract another Vernon Wells

There's no way I want Baez or Rodriguez. I'm still in the camp that believes the Angels would've been selling off and reloading with MLB ready talent. 

I'd rather Minasian's gambles he's making only have short term consequences and not screw the next GM over by starting him behind the 8 ball. 

All I'm saying is there's some rumblings about the Angels and Detroit talking. Not saying I favor it. 

23 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Just playing around in my head, maybe something like Rengifo, Adell and Suarez for Baez and Rodriguez....

Long shot though. Just because something was discussed doesn't mean it's happening. 

That's a horrible deal for the Angels.  Even if Detroit ate a bunch of the money. 

I would consider dumping Stassi, Loup and/or Tepera for one of them.  Probably Baez. 

But even still, there aren't many ways I could see the halos getting the fair return from either of those two.    

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

I've heard rumblings about the Angels and Tigers discussing a potential trade with a lot of moving parts. Apparently heads are rolling in Detroit. But the names I've heard are Eduardo Rodriguez and Javy Baez as well as Jo Adell.

Adell doesn’t fit Scott Harris’ MO of guys who dominate the strike zone. In fact, he’s the exact opposite of what Harris’ is preaching.

Baez is interesting, but the opt-out complicates things.

It’s interesting to hear they’ve discussed a potential deal, but I’m sure every team has discussed a deal with every team. So I’m not sure there’s anything there.

Just now, Docwaukee said:

That's a horrible deal for the Angels.  Even if Detroit ate a bunch of the money. 

I would consider dumping Stassi, Loup and/or Tepera for one of them.  Probably Baez. 

But even still, there aren't many ways I could see the halos getting the fair return from either of those two.    

I think the whole thing is preposterous. We're just using our imaginations over a conversation I had about baseball and prospects, and Adell came up and this person heard he might've been ticketed for Detroit soon. 

54 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

The problem with Baez is his opt out. If he has a good season, he probably opts out and we lose Rengifo for nothing. But if he is just okay again, we're stuck with a bad contract for an extra four years. If I was confident he rebounds offensively and won't opt out, absolutely I'd make that trade, but it's highly risky. And regardless of how Baez does in 2022, there's little upside to the trade for the Angels.

I feel like the only way Detroit can move Baez is as a salary dump. 

Hmmmm

A trade with Detroit for a player with an opt out.  I've seen this movie before.  

Just lol if they are indeed done 

In year that they’re needing to convince Ohtani to stay they go out and get Urshela, Renfroe and Tyler Anderson to “improve” their 73 win team

And if Perry is working within a tight budget (which he will be) then spending 20 mill on Urshela and Renfroe is even worse. 

But these types of offseasons have been the norm for the Angels lately. Why everyone continues to expect it to lead to a successful season is truly beyond me

7 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

They moved Willy Adames for pretty much the same reason, they had other guys ready, more in the pipeline, and saw an opportunity to add elsewhere.

7 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Or they have 4 players in front of him and being out of options cannot send him down.

I give you kudos in bringing up Brujan because I think that's a rather creative solution, but I don't see TB moving him.  The lack of options is a problem, but given all the positions he plays (IF/OF), I envision the Rays rotating him around and having him just serve off the bench, as he covers all sorts of players who need rest.  I think he could be moved eventually, but they don't have to move him yet, unless they are "WOWed" by an offer.

The Adames reference is a good point, but I think unless they need to, the Rays will tend to hold onto those guys when they are earning the minimum.  Adames, I think, was entering his arbitration years in which he'd earn above the minimum, so they probably saw that as an opportunistic time to trade him and re-stock, given they are always very cost conscious.

The other aspect is given Brujan has struggled, they would probably more inclined to hold onto him and see if he can improve, and then flip him perhaps.

3 hours ago, CanadianHalo said:

Just lol if they are indeed done 

In year that they’re needing to convince Ohtani to stay they go out and get Urshela, Renfroe and Tyler Anderson to “improve” their 73 win team

And if Perry is working within a tight budget (which he will be) then spending 20 mill on Urshela and Renfroe is even worse. 

But these types of offseasons have been the norm for the Angels lately. Why everyone continues to expect it to lead to a successful season is truly beyond me

So, to be clear: Two 120 wRC+ players and a pitcher who was one of the top twenty last season aren't improvements. What is this Twitter? 😂😂😂

On 12/18/2022 at 10:58 AM, Pancake Bear said:

So, to be clear: Two 120 wRC+ players and a pitcher who was one of the top twenty last season aren't improvements. What is this Twitter? 😂😂😂

On 12/18/2022 at 11:36 AM, Stradling said:

It’s Canada

You guys do this every year. It’s hilarious. Last year my total win prediction post kept getting deleted because it’s viewed as “trolling”. Funny thing is I predicted they’d win 4 more games than they actually did.

This year as it stands right now is very similar to last.

3 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

They are looking for 1B who hits from left side. I think Hosmer might end up in Tampa. Infield they are loaded Diaz, Walls, Lowe, Franco among others. I would like focus on younger players who might stick around for few years.

Tampa has 5+ 1B options that are better than Hosmer.

Díaz, Paredes, Ramírez, Aranda, Mead, and Manzardo among them. I’ve also heard they could move Brandon Lowe to 1B.

3 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I know they have a very deep team. Always not many big-name stars but seem to be in the hunt.

https://www.fangraphs.com/prospects/the-board/2022-in-season-prospect-list/farm-ranking?sort=-1,1&type=100&filter=&pos=&team= - the Rays are ranked #1 in terms of their farm system and 9 grade 50 FV or higher prospects. They are always a top 3 organization in terms of their farm system, always in the MLB playoff race, and operate at very low payrolls.  They are a remarkably run team.  I remember Friedman saying his goal was to build such a strong infrastructure that he could leave and the organization would not miss a beat.  And incidentally, he accomplished just that, as this organization is just as strong even after he left.

Much admiration for that franchise to stay this competitive for this long despite playing in arguably the most competitive division for many years.