• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do you think we're done...

Torridd

"Big move" is subjective.  A big move doesn't really matter.  I'm happy with the "improving the depth" type moves he has made thus far, and think he will continue to do so.  

I don't think we are in position to make a "big" trade, in that our farm isn't strong enough to do it, but I think we could see more moves similar to the ones we have seen (i.e. the Renfroe and Urshela trades).

They can always add more depth. If we get an everyday shortstop, a legit 4th starter, and maybe another decent reliever, I'll be relatively content. I'd love another starter if they're insistent on sticking with six, but I won't bet on it happening, especially since the sixth guy will likely be up and down based on when we need him. I wouldn't be shocked to see a catcher either. 

I've heard rumblings about the Angels and Tigers discussing a potential trade with a lot of moving parts. Apparently heads are rolling in Detroit. But the names I've heard are Eduardo Rodriguez and Javy Baez as well as Jo Adell. Both those guys have opt outs after this year so it makes sense Detroit's new GM would be gauging interest. 

The rest is me using my imagination, but I'm thinking the Tigers are looking for payroll relief and want to get out from under these contracts and try again with their new GM.

If anything ever came of it, I think it would just be Rodriguez, as Baez has a limited NTC. 

5 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I think we'll get...

One of Andrus/Drury/Iglesias for SS

A decent SP who can slot in at 5/6 

A pen guy who has had some MLB success

Not sure if you'd label that as significant 

Drury doesn't play shortstop and we already have two guys that can play second base and a lot of people who can play third. Iglesias got dropped once by Minasian mid season; I'd be shocked if we brought him back. Andrus is possible, but I suspect it'll be a trade. 

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

I've heard rumblings about the Angels and Tigers discussing a potential trade with a lot of moving parts. Apparently heads are rolling in Detroit. But the names I've heard are Eduardo Rodriguez and Javy Baez as well as Jo Adell. Both those guys have opt outs after this year so it makes sense Detroit's new GM would be gauging interest. 

The rest is me using my imagination, but I'm thinking the Tigers are looking for payroll relief and want to get out from under these contracts and try again with their new GM.

If anything ever came of it, I think it would just be Rodriguez, as Baez has a limited NTC. 

Baez would be really interesting, but I don't see that happening given his tricky contract situation and down year. Rodriguez: Another lefty. Lol. 

15 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Baez would be really interesting, but I don't see that happening given his tricky contract situation and down year. Rodriguez: Another lefty. Lol. 

Just playing around in my head, maybe something like Rengifo, Adell and Suarez for Baez and Rodriguez....

Long shot though. Just because something was discussed doesn't mean it's happening. 

9 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

What is your deal with Brujan?

Good young player out of options from Tampa. 

5 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Just playing around in my head, maybe something like Rengifo, Adell and Suarez for Baez and Rodriguez....

Long shot though. Just because something was discussed doesn't mean it's happening. 

Horrible deal for halos. Baez contract another Vernon Wells

3 minutes ago, Second Base said:

The problem with Baez is his opt out. If he has a good season, he probably opts out and we lose Rengifo for nothing. But if he is just okay again, we're stuck with a bad contract for an extra four years. If I was confident he rebounds offensively and won't opt out, absolutely I'd make that trade, but it's highly risky. And regardless of how Baez does in 2022, there's little upside to the trade for the Angels.

I feel like the only way Detroit can move Baez is as a salary dump. 

10 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

The problem with Baez is his opt out. If he has a good season, he probably opts out and we lose Rengifo for nothing. But if he is just okay again, we're stuck with a bad contract for an extra four years. If I was confident he rebounds offensively and won't opt out, absolutely I'd make that trade, but it's highly risky. And regardless of how Baez does in 2022, there's little upside to the trade for the Angels.

I feel like the only way Detroit can move Baez is as a salary dump. 

Yeah, Suarez, Adell, and Rengifo for either one good year of Baez and Rodriguez or multiple years of expensive bad years. No way the Angels should do that.  There's literally no upside to that deal for the Angels.

3 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

If he was good, they'd keep him. If they want to move a young guy with years of control, it probably means they don't believe in him. 

They moved Willy Adames for pretty much the same reason, they had other guys ready, more in the pipeline, and saw an opportunity to add elsewhere.