• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

6 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Most teams have a 5-man rotation so having a 6-man rotation hurts halos from signing staters. If Wacha gets 2 year deal not worth it. Angels have depth in rotation for the 6th man in house.

If you’re gonna make stuff up, at least do a little research first.

The Padres used a six-man rotation last season and Melvin said the other day that they want to do so again this season if a 6th option emerged.

Now, they signed Wacha so he could be that 6th guy with Darvish, Musgrove, Snell, Martinez, and Lugo.

I know he doesn’t care about his PR reputation and the large majority of the free agent market had already signed by then, but it’s such a bad look if you don’t sign anyone after announcing you’re keeping the team.

Even throwing a few million to a reliever would boost your rep a bit.

4 minutes ago, Trendon said:

If you’re gonna make stuff up, at least do a little research first.

The Padres used a six-man rotation last season and Melvin said the other day that they want to do so again this season if a 6th option emerged.

Now, they signed Wacha so he could be that 6th guy with Darvish, Musgrove, Snell, Martinez, and Lugo.

Like I said MOST teams use 5 man rotation. How many of 30 teams use 6 man rotation, maybe 3 so MOST teams use 5.

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

Like I said MOST teams use 5 man rotation. How many of 30 teams use 6 man rotation, maybe 3 so MOST teams use 5.

I’m just saying you can’t use the six-man as a reason for why Wacha didn’t sign with the Angels, since he’s gonna be part of one with the Padres.

53 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I’m just saying you can’t use the six-man as a reason for why Wacha didn’t sign with the Angels, since he’s gonna be part of one with the Padres.

Wacha was running out of options. Angels I feel did not have much interest in Wacha.  He may and may not be in 6 man rotation in SD.