• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

Does that mean SD out of signing Ohtani?

On 2/23/2023 at 11:35 AM, Angel Oracle said:

Phillips is 6.5 years younger than Calhoun, has hit 18 HRs in past 517 PAs back to 2021, and has solid base running skills (21 for 24 SBs since 2021).

if Ward’s hitting tutor did improve Phillips’ hitting, then he’s a much better alternative to the mid 30s Calhoun.

Phillips is 4th OF I was saying in minors in case of injury. Last 2 years Trout and Ward have missed a lot of time. Phillips they have to play CF to give Trout rest, Phillips does have a very high K rate.

3 hours ago, Revad said:

Meh, Mariner fan (Lookout Landing staff editor) paints as positive a picture of KC as possible now that he's a Mariner.  Par for the course.   Take the numbers he's using, add the 52 points in expected SLG% to his actual numbers and we are still talking about a guy who put up an OPS of 639, or OPS+ of 84.  As a pure corner OFer, that 84 OPS is not great -- Adell's 2022 OPS+ was 79. 

KC's defense is obviously better but it's fallen off a great deal from what Angel fans remember.   All that said, I hope he makes the team and has a good season.  He was good Angel.

1 minute ago, Lou said:

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts announced this morning that infielder Gavin Lux suffered a torn ACL in his right knee during yesterday’s Cactus League game and will miss the 2023 season. Lux also sustained damage to his right knee’s LCL.

I don't cheer for injuries, but man I hate the Dodgers.

Plus I bet a big amount on them under 96 wins. 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts announced this morning that infielder Gavin Lux suffered a torn ACL in his right knee during yesterday’s Cactus League game and will miss the 2023 season. Lux also sustained damage to his right knee’s LCL.

It was pretty gruesome for a non contact injury.

Looked more football like, than baseball.

I feel bad for any player that suffers a catastrophic injury in any sport, let alone Spring Training.  It’s the equivalent of getting hurt during Spring Drills in college football.

The Dodgers have Chris Turner to fill in which isn’t a bad situation to be in.

2 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

It was pretty gruesome for a non contact injury.

Looked more football like, than baseball.

I feel bad for any player that suffers a catastrophic injury in any sport, let alone Spring Training.  It’s the equivalent of getting hurt during Spring Drills in college football.

The Dodgers have Chris Turner to fill in which isn’t a bad situation to be in.

I think they'll probably go with Miguel Rojas as their primary SS, with Turner getting some time there and elsewhere.

17 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I think they'll probably go with Miguel Rojas as their primary SS, with Turner getting some time there and elsewhere.

I had forgotten about Rojas, but I don’t follow the Dodgers as closely as the Angels.  The have a wealth of riches, so again, I’m pretty sure they’ll be OK.

12 minutes ago, DMVol said:

They aren't going to play Betts in the INF....playing an All Star OF'er, who has a mega contract, out of position wouldn't make much sense....I bet they make a trade....

Roberts specifically said Betts is going to get time at 2B.  It ultimately might not end up happening, but he said it.  And for what it's worth, he was a 2B originally, before switching to OF in AA/AAA.

EDIT: I could also see the Dodgers bringing in Profar.

Edited by jsnpritchett

13 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Roberts specifically said Betts is going to get time at 2B.  It ultimately might not end up happening, but he said it.  And for what it's worth, he was a 2B originally, before switching to OF in AA/AAA.

EDIT: I could also see the Dodgers bringing in Profar.

I saw what Roberts said but that makes no sense to me....I think he just threw it out there to calm the waters a bit....Betts hasn't played any 2b to speak of since the minors....would you play Mike Trout at 2b if he hadn't played there since the minors?  I wouldn't...

1 minute ago, DMVol said:

I saw what Roberts said but that makes no sense to me....I think he just threw it out there to calm the waters a bit....Betts hasn't played any 2b to speak of since the minors....would you play Mike Trout at 2b if he hadn't played there since the minors?  I wouldn't...

Betts has played 14 games at 2B over the past couple of seasons.  The Trout hypothetical is weird since he hasn't ever been an IF, but...yeah, maybe, if the circumstances were the same as the Dodgers are in right now?  I think Roberts is just saying he'd like to have Betts as an option at 2B.  If and until they make another acquisition to bolster the IF, it makes sense to have Betts as 2B depth.

8 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Betts has played 14 games at 2B over the past couple of seasons.  The Trout hypothetical is weird since he hasn't ever been an IF, but...yeah, maybe, if the circumstances were the same as the Dodgers are in right now?  I think Roberts is just saying he'd like to have Betts as an option at 2B.  If and until they make another acquisition to bolster the IF, it makes sense to have Betts as 2B depth.

I threw Trout out there because they are both All-Star OF'ers with mega contracts, not trying to compare backgrounds....both are huge investments that you want to be careful  with....It makes no sense to me to risk injury to Betts turning a double play but whatever.....