• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

5 hours ago, wopphil said:

I would have loved Andrus at this price, but I guess we don’t really have the roster space. 

More than roster space, it’s about playing time.

Andrus has a much clearer path to playing time with Chicago than he would with the Angels.

It’s easier to sell “we have 600 PA’s at 2B” than “with injuries, we could probably get you 450 PA’s if you’re productive.”

13 hours ago, Trendon said:

More than roster space, it’s about playing time.

Andrus has a much clearer path to playing time with Chicago than he would with the Angels.

It’s easier to sell “we have 600 PA’s at 2B” than “with injuries, we could probably get you 450 PA’s if you’re productive.”

I am not sure I agree.  I think it is roster space and not opportunity.  If the Angels signed Andrus, I can’t see how he is not the everyday starting shortstop.  He would be.

But doesn’t matter now.

55 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I am not sure I agree.  I think it is roster space and not opportunity.  If the Angels signed Andrus, I can’t see how he is not the everyday starting shortstop.  He would be.

But doesn’t matter now.

He really isn't better than the other options, though, and we'd have to trade or send Rengifo down to the minors to accommodate him. Doesn't make sense for a so-so player coming off a career year he probably can't repeat. 

I think any conversations Perry may have had about signing Andrus probably ended when the Angels signed Brandon Drury on 12/22 as their 6th infielder. 

I don't know if there was ever any serious conversations because they were not getting the pre 2018 Andrus. He's been a below league average SS since 2017 and his OPS+ numbers since 2017 are 78, 78, 60, 73, 103.

I think the White Sox giving him $3 M to play 2B makes sense. He put up some good numbers last year when the White Sox picked him up after he was released by the A's in mid August.

Not really "Hot Stove" but I didn't want to waste space with a thread of it's own.  But the following is a tweet thread from TB Rays pitcher Ryan Thompson about his arbitration experience.  He's got a few other comments on his main page.  Anyway, some of you may like to see the players POV.  Old friend Cam Bedrosian was one of the comps brought up in the process.