• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Twilight Zone

Girlfriend left town for the weekend to visit her parents. (Or date another guy).

I have the place to myself for the weekend. Finally getting to knock stuff out.

And ending the night with a marathon of this show.

This was out literally decades before I was born, but grew up with it over summers when it was on TV at noon.

This show is so f*cking cool.

Anyone else a fan?

It's the gold standard.  So many great episodes.  There is just something about the old black and white episodes that gives it that little something.  Even with new tech, and special effects and all that.  The new (if they are even still made) version just didn't hold up to hokey guys in costumes and weird clay animations.  

I loved during holiday time when they had the marathons.  You would be flipping through the channels, see an episode on, remember that you saw this episode before, and next thing you know, you are 5 episodes in.  

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

It's the gold standard.  So many great episodes.  There is just something about the old black and white episodes that gives it that little something.  Even with new tech, and special effects and all that.  The new (if they are even still made) version just didn't hold up to hokey guys in costumes and weird clay animations.  

I loved during holiday time when they had the marathons.  You would be flipping through the channels, see an episode on, remember that you saw this episode before, and next thing you know, you are 5 episodes in.  

Big time. The Thanskgiving marathons were great. Wonder if they still do that?

Watching it, like you said about black and white, I think the old school "theater" appeal of it makes it. Dramatic acting on a small set. 

Even ignoring the classic episodes everyone remembers, the random ones I watched yesterday were really cool.

And of the classic ones people do remember, Burgess Merideth breaking his glasses is the best twist of all time.

I'd like to watch more of these. There was one when I was a kid or in high school that was either an episode or the movie. It had to do with Nazi's and concentration camps. It was a trip and still memorable all these years later.

Spoiler

If my memory is still intact, the main character is a SS guy that's an asshole and rounding up Jews and what not. By the end the twist is that he is still looks like a SS character to us and himself, but is viewed as a Jew by everyone else. The dude starts tripping out saying he's a German and SS, but they round him up like he's a Jew and the ending scene is him on the train to Auschwitz looking out the train with other Jews as it leaves. Just wild at the age when I saw it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2022 at 6:47 PM, Brandon said:

I'd like to watch more of these. There was one when I was a kid or in high school that was either an episode or the movie. It had to do with Nazi's and concentration camps. It was a trip and still memorable all these years later.

Hide contents

If my memory is still intact, the main character is a SS guy that's an asshole and rounding up Jews and what not. By the end the twist is that he is still looks like a SS character to us and himself, but is viewed as a Jew by everyone else. The dude starts tripping out saying he's a German and SS, but they round him up like he's a Jew and the ending scene is him on the train to Auschwitz looking out the train with other Jews as it leaves. Just wild at the age when I saw it.

Pretty sure this was the movie.

• 3 weeks later...

MV5BODYwYzZmZWMtNGQxNS00ZjA2LWFmMjgtOTBi

"Just a barrel, a dark depository where are kept the counterfeit, make-believe pieces of plaster and cloth, wrought in a distorted image of human life. But this added hopeful note: perhaps they are unloved only for the moment. In the arms of children, there can be nothing but love. A clown, a tramp, a bagpipe player, a ballet dancer, and a Major. Tonight's cast of players on the odd stage—known as—The Twilight Zone."

• 10 months later...
On 10/9/2022 at 11:03 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Girlfriend left town for the weekend to visit her parents. (Or date another guy).

I have the place to myself for the weekend. Finally getting to knock stuff out.

I thought this was going to be about your own Twilight Zone experience.

What a let down.