• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What do you predict will change under new ownership?

mmc

What do you predict will change under new ownership?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What do you predict will change under new ownership?

• The team will relocate from Orange County
    • The team will remain in Anaheim, or the immediate area, but Angel Stadium will be replaced with a brand new venue
    • The team name will change
    • The team logo will change
    • The team color scheme will change
    • The uniforms will change
    • The team will do a complete rebrand
    • Payroll will massively increase
    • Payroll will massively decrease
    • Things will remain status quo

• mmc changed the title to What do you predict will change under new ownership?

Over what time frame?

I think a lot of these things will change at some point during the new ownership’s tenure.

But the new owner isn’t gonna announce a new stadium, fire the President/GM/Manager, change the uniforms, and change the name, etc. within the first week they buy the team.

4 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Over what time frame?

I think a lot of these things will change at some point during the new ownership’s tenure.

But the new owner isn’t gonna announce a new stadium, fire the President/GM/Manager, change the uniforms, and change the name, etc. within the first week they buy the team.

Just in terms of what their vision is when acquiring the team, not what you predict will be done/announced immediately after the sale

3 minutes ago, mmc said:

Just in terms of what their vision is when acquiring the team, not what you predict will be done/announced immediately after the sale

I think the new owner will keep the team in Anaheim and aim to develop the Angel Stadium lot.

I think the uniforms will change, but they’ll keep the general logo and color scheme the same.

I think payroll will massively increase eventually, but probably around the time the development is finished around Angel Stadium.

But it’s really hard to guess when we don’t even know who the new owner is.

12 minutes ago, nickprice91 said:

Angels belong in orange county and they need to be called the Anaheim Angels

Why? They started in Los Angels as the PCL Angels in Wrigley Field. When an AL team was formed they played out of Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles. They are a Los Angeles legacy team.

Anaheim is and has always been associated with Disneyland. 

Do the Angels really need a new stadium? 

I haven't been in years, but I absolutely love the views once you're inside the stadium. The concourse you can walk all the way around, if you're anywhere between the foul poles in the immediate stadium seating (not the outfield) I feel like it's almost impossible to have a bad view. I know things like the concessions and bathrooms could probably use an update. 

I feel like a face-lift could do the job for another 20 years.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Why? They started in Los Angels as the PCL Angels in Wrigley Field. When an AL team was formed they played out of Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles. They are a Los Angeles legacy team.

Anaheim is and has always been associated with Disneyland. 

Because...they're in Anaheim? They won with the name Anaheim. And what better way to disassociate from shitty LA County bunghole than naming the team where they're actually located. Not to mention the Anaheim Ducks are right down the street. Then we could get those sweet sweet Anaheim away uniforms back. 

1 hour ago, CaliAngel said:

I haven't been in years, but I absolutely love the views once you're inside the stadium. The concourse you can walk all the way around, if you're anywhere between the foul poles in the immediate stadium seating (not the outfield) I feel like it's almost impossible to have a bad view. I know things like the concessions and bathrooms could probably use an update. 

It's just hard to imagine a new owner wanting to keep the team in a venue that is now over 50 years old and really not all that iconic.  It's also a given that they'll want the surrounding land re-developed as Arte did, and may not want to bother re-negotiating a new deal with Anaheim, as they don't have the same attachment to the city.  A new venue would be able to attract more events, and I don't know what the situation at Angel Stadium is compared to the others with luxury boxes, but we could very well see a new stadium with a bit of a reduced seating capacity somewhere in Orange County

1 hour ago, CaliAngel said:

Seats from about the third/first base to the foulpoles suck.  They aren't positioned correctly.  So instead of facing the pitcher, they face straight out.  It's not as noticable within the basepads, since you are facing right out at the pitcher.  But the further you get, the more your neck is in a permanent turn to watch the action.  It gets to a point that people sitting near you can obstruct your view if you are sitting back, and they are sitting forward.  

From what I hear, the piping is in horrible shape, which then affect the bathrooms and concessions.  

Other amenities like luxury suites is also not up to par with what you would expect.  And the baseball facilities like clubhouse, practice areas are outdated.  

3 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

It is passable to watch a game.  But if you go to any number of other more modern ballparks, Anaheim Stadium seems really unimpressive and lame.

3 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

I agree, I think the stadium is pretty nice as is. 

Regardless, this sale talk (though I think there’s already a buyer and it’s in the final stages) couldn’t have happen at a worse time. I wish Arte did this before the season started or after re-signing Shohei. I suppose someone made him an offer he couldn’t refuse.

44 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

It is passable to watch a game.  But if you go to any number of other more modern ballparks, Anaheim Stadium seems really unimpressive and lame.

Yeah, I was always always surprised about how old Angel stadium was because it didn’t really feel that old to me, having only been there, Dodger Stadium, and Wrigley, but in the past few years I’ve gone to San Diego, Toronto, and the White Sox new stadium and now I really notice it when I go to Angel games

I think most of the changes will be done in the offseason a year from now.  Perry's contract will be up. Most department heads might be gone. If the new owner can put a really competitive team together, that will help erase most of the incompetence we currently see. Being one of the top revenue producing orgs, i don't see much need for a major rebranding. 

17 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

I think most of the changes will be done in the offseason a year from now.  Perry's contract will be up. Most department heads might be gone. If the new owner can put a really competitive team together, that will help erase most of the incompetence we currently see. Being one of the top revenue producing orgs, i don't see much need for a major rebranding. 

Won’t Perry still have one more year left on his contract?

He signed a 4 year deal beginning with the 2021 season.